At Samsung Electronics Canada, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people
- they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. We want the best of the best at Samsung to join our team, not just those who fit into our Culture but those who will ADD to our Culture and make Samsung an even better place to work.
Did we catch your attention yet?
If you want to work for one of the most recognized brands in the world and one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada...and have a ton of fun.... then please keep reading!
- Competitive Salary
- Employer paid Medical and Dental coverage from day one
- Fantastic employee discount on all Samsung products
- Access to Samsung U for 24/7 online learning
- Employee Referral program- we want great talent like you!
Incumbent is responsible to initiate, develop, coordinate, and implement marketing strategies and Mobile Communications products marketing programs, product launches, product branding, and sell-through for the Retail channel. Coordinate all marketing and branding efforts for retail customers to ensure successful product definition and delivery. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with company product management, company Carrier teams, & with Retail customer key personnel involved in marketing planning.
Role and Responsibilities
- Initiate, develop, coordinate, and implement strategic product marketing plans and programs for major Retail accounts including:
- business development programs,
- marketing strategies,
- marketing support,
- advertising programs,
- product launch and promotions,
- branding programs,
- business processes and procedures, and
- Product transition strategies.
- Support account product sales & National Retail Sales Account Manager with:
- Execution of product promotions in store and online
- Acquire sales results data from accounts
- Analyze sales activity & effectiveness of sales promotion, including marketing, price and period to track promotion effectiveness
- Account communications including promo calendars & product launch updates in supporting role to account manager
- Work with Brand Marketing to create advertising and sales materials which focus on positioning concepts, target markets that align with SECA objectives and ensure that objectives and messages are consistent through all National Retail marketing in regards to Samsung product and brand.
- Work as a team with National Retail Sales Account Manager & SECA Carrier teams to optimize delivery of products within projected timelines and negotiated agreements with internal departments and Retail customers.
- Prepare & participate in development of Retail customer specific strategies & quarterly business reviews.
- Represent SECA in partnerships with outside advertising or media-related firms in the creation of SECA, customer, and product-related images to optimize sales and maximize customer product orders within the Retail channel.
- Serve as primary SECA marketing interface to Retail customer's product marketing, marketing communications, and in-store display teams.
- Manage Retail account market development and cooperative development budget and expenditures, including preparation and timely approvals of all documentation required for efficient execution of Retail plans
- Prepare quarterly account management, progress, expenditure, and other related reports as directed by management.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Marketing or Business from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside the company.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments and projects.
- Read and interpret marketing documents, media materials, and contracts (or related documents) based on corporate legal and marketing standards and philosophy.
- Demonstrated competency in both oral and written communication modes for internal and external personnel at all levels, especially in the sales and marketing, logistical, or financial areas of clients, prospects, and company.
- Work independently and in a team environment in order to achieve personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames.
- Should have a minimum of 5-8 years of experience in a retail channel marketing program management capacity and a successful track record of direct program and channel development, logistics and distribution management, and long-term customer contact and relationship building
- Experience researching and resolving customer marketing and sales issues.
- Experience developing marketing and sales presentations using a variety of presentation methods, including PC applications, including word processing, spreadsheet, and graphic arts software.