Small Business BC (SBBC) is British Columbia's premier resource centre for knowledge-based business products and services and we're looking for a creative marketing professional who is passionate about helping us grow and strengthen the small business community in BC. Our dynamic, working environment offers many opportunities for creativity and innovation in our offerings to the small business community.
The Marketing Manager possesses demonstrated leadership skills that will drive the strategy and execution of all marketing related activities for the organization, including the marketing of products, services, programs, and event strategy and execution. They will have experience managing multiple marketing channels, and leading digital and web strategies to ensure that SBBC effectively supports the BC small business community. This role supervises a dynamic team of dedicated professionals committed to providing the highest quality marketing campaigns, products and services.
- Develops and executes the marketing strategy for SBBC to support its operational objectives
- Development, oversight and delivery of promotional activities in collaboration with the relevant departments.
- Provides strategic leadership to the Communications, Content, Events, Design and Web team.
- Responsible for managing a team of staff including performance management, coaching and/or discipline when required, as well as hiring and training new employees.
- Manages the budgets and contracts for all marketing materials and services.
- Oversees graphic design elements for all marketing materials
- Develops, and oversees advertising strategies to increase SBBC awareness and customer base
- Responsible for the SBBC website
- including development and support
- Collaborates with other departments to develop and execute marketing strategy for all SBBC's products and services; oversees and leads the strategic development, execution, and improvement of all marking plans
- Collaborates with teams to develop content to support campaigns, including (but not limited to): e-mail, web, content, social media, video, and printed/digital assets
- Collaborates with senior management to develop and execute surveys of the small business community to assess their business needs and challenges.
- Creates operations procedure for marketing business processes and brand development strategy
- Monitors and reports marketing metrics; analyzes marketing campaigns and makes recommendations for enhancing effectiveness.
- Promotes the products and services of SBBC by delivering various outreach activities and partnership initiatives, such as tradeshows, events and standardized presentations to stakeholders in the community
- Performs related job-related duties as assigned.
- A degree in Marketing, Communications or Business, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of marketing/communications experience, with a focus on strategy, planning and implementing integrated digital and traditional marketing communications campaign programs.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and supervising a team, a minimum of 3 years is preferred.
- Ability to manage a marketing team across functions including web, digital marketing, sponsorships, events and internal/external communications
- Strong proficiency in digital marketing
- including website management, analytics and content marketing.
- Experience in event strategy and execution
- Experience creating and editing written content for a variety of marketing and communications channels, including media, website, email/e-blasts and social media
- Campaign experience with software and online tools, including Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, YouTube, WordPress, AdWords, Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) and online email marketing solutions, such as MailChimp
- Entrepreneurial and builder mindset: maintains a ?roll-up-your-sleeves?, goal-oriented and solutions focused attitude to all internal and external initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills, with ability to develop contacts
- Ability to manage multiple large complex projects with tight timelines.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Current knowledge of social media and digital marketing tools, insights, trends and best practice industry standards
- An eye for detail and appreciation of branding consistency in marketing materials
- Comfortable with public speaking and presentations
- Experience in graphic design is an asset
- Knowledge of SEO/UX/UI/CRO, especially in relation to WordPress, is considered an asset
- Ability to speak and write in additional languages (French, Mandarin, Farsi, Spanish) considered an asset
- Competitive compensation based on education and experience
- Benefits: Full benefits package after the completion of 3 months including extended health and dental coverage and Group RRSP contributions
- Paid vacation time and additional paid ?Flex Days' every three weeks
- Be a part of a young and dynamic team working hard to making a difference within the small business community
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place