Digital Marketing Specialist
Calgary, AB, Canada Montreal, QC, Canada Ottawa, ON, Canada Toronto, ON, Canada Vancouver, BC, Canada Req #386
Wednesday, April 7, 2021
If you are considering a career in law and intellectual property, there is no better place to be than Smart & Biggar. With our remarkable domestic and international clientele-ranging from fast-growth companies in the high-tech industry, to mid-size Canadian companies and hundreds of international Fortune 500 companies-you will find yourself working on some of the most exciting, complex and commercially important IP matters in Canada.
We are currently recruiting for a Digital Marketing Specialist to join our National Marketing & Business Development team in our Toronto office (currently remote until our office reopens). This is a key role that supports all marketing communications activities, business development and client engagement programs, and reports to the Director of Marketing.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for planning and execution of all digital communications across the firm's website, email newsletters, webinars and social media. You will monitor campaigns and you will be asked to provide insight-driven recommendations that will drive traffic and engagement. You will also serve as an internal champion for our digital brand and social media best practices, providing coaching and internal training to lawyers and agents across the Firm.
Given the pandemic, it is expected that the successful candidate will work from home until the situation is resolved.
- Website updates: Manage and oversee all updates to the Firm's website, including lawyer bios and practice area / industry content, provides training and guidance to other marketing team members as required. You will also work closely with our creative agency to work on updates to UX/UI changes and any development needs.
- Campaign management: Oversee and manage implementation of all digital marketing and lead generating content campaigns across platforms including website (CMS), email marketing (Hubspot Marketing Cloud), and social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Manage all content publishing online including insights/articles and news release/announcements; prepare and publish weekly and monthly e-newsletters, cross-promote/publish all posts and content on social media.
- Subscriber management: Manage all subscriber journeys and onboarding experience for new digital subscribers in marketing automation platform (Hubspot), ensuring lists and data processes are compliant with CASL/GDPR, and ongoing monitoring of marketing contact lists for engagement, manage retention / win-back campaigns;
- Social Media: Manage all social media accounts and campaigns, including monitoring across LinkedIn and Twitter on behalf the Firm, with a goal to optimize and maximize engagement with followers and proactive content sharing across the firm's network of lawyers and agents. Serve as an champion, educator and advocate for digital and social media within the Firm;
- Account Based Marketing: Works with business development team to leverage digital platforms (Hubspot) to support client development & account based marketing objectives;
- Analytics: Track, analyse and report on key KPIs and insight to guide and optimize digital and social media campaigns, including SEO, PPC, sponsored content and performance of email / lead generation campaigns;
- Brand & Privacy compliance: Ensure all digital campaigns, advertising assets, websites/microsites, blogs and email distributions adhere to brand standards, marketing best practices and applicable data privacy regulations, including anti-spam laws; provide design support for powerpoint, digital and print layouts and brand collateral as needed
Qualifications, competencies and experience :
- 3-5+ years of digital marketing / content marketing experience; preference given for candidates with experience in professional services or digital role in a B2B or agency;
- Experience using Hubspot Marketing Cloud (or SalesForce Marketing Cloud) for email marketing and marketing automation.
- Content Management System (CMS) experience. We currently use Sitefinity, however, Wordpress experience is also suffice,
- Ability to make basic html and CSS changes in articles and email newsletters.
- An eye for graphic design and creating designs using Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
- Experience producing meetings and webinars (preferably using Zoom)
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices and experience using Ahrefs or similar (e.g. MOZ).
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate, concentration in Marketing, Communications and/or Digital Marketing preferred;
- Familiarity with desktop applications such as MS Word; Powerpoint and Excel
- Flexible, able to cope with ambiguity, and willing to embrace change;
- Bilingual (English and French) is considered an asset; and
- Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct.
Expectations of team member:
- Brings a positive attitude and collaborative approach to working with team members, and comfort in working in a fast-paced / high demand environment
- Keen attention to detail and timelines with experience building and managing multiple projects and campaign at the same time with ease;
- Energetic, self-motivated and results-oriented, learns new systems and skills quickly, and looks for innovative ways to leverage digital platforms to build our brand, generate leads and engage/nurture clients;
- Service-focused, respectful and responsive in all interactions with partners, lawyers, internal clients and stakeholders;
- Manages all supplier and digital partner relationships, as directed and on behalf of the Firm with the highest ethical standards, and
- Develops and maintain documentation related to own role and team function.
Smart & Biggar offers a comprehensive total rewards package including:
- A competitive compensation structure based on transparency, clarity and fairness
- A flexible benefits program
- Personal days to help balance personal and professional commitments
- Employee referral program
Smart & Biggar is a proud member of the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network (LFDIN), working to promote diversity and encourage a culture of inclusion in our Firm and the broader legal profession. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.