The Cloud Services Specialist owns sales responsibility for selling VMware Cloud on AWS in Canada to both private and public entities. The position will be responsible for building a strong territory in their assigned geography and achieving a revenue quota target, managing the sales forecasting process, and building a brand around our solutions within your territory. This position will be an overlay cloud sales specialist position that will need to coordinate and work closely with VMware's core Field and Partner organizations to achieve success and manage interactions with our existing customers. Deep knowledge of the cloud services marketplace, hybrid cloud, IT sales cycles, and VMware's partner programs and ecosystem will all be critical for success in the role.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Accountable for achieving booking and revenue consumption targets for VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Participate in a weekly forecasting process to provide visibility to VMware's leadership of sales pipeline status and potential to achieve target bookings, as well as upside and downside risks to achieving target bookings.
- Identify high propensity customers.
- Drive increased monthly recurring revenue (MRR).
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with core Field and Partner sales leaders to ensure proper engagement with core teams and customers.
- Consultative sales experience especially around the adoption of cloud services in the infrastructure space.
- Lead qualification for all the leads and sales opportunities for Cloud Services within your territory
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team.
- Able to work across multi-functions/multi-individuals to achieve desired results.
- Work closely with the Sales Leaders to ensure that Partner and Inside Sales teams are providing sufficient support and on-track to contribute to achieving bookings and pipeline goals.
- Leverage the SE organization for desired results at top accounts.
- 5+ years of sales experience in the IT industry, with Enterprise software and hosted service.
- Strong knowledge of the IT hosting and cloud services segment.
- Ability to articulate and evangelize the value of hybrid cloud IT solutions.
- Experience with new product introductions.
- Strategic thinker with a sales mentality.
- Strong leadership and Customer Relationship skills.
- Contract negotiation and deal forecasting experience.
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-08
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.