Communications & Engagement Officer
The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA), Ontario Division is a provincial association, supporting 28 branches across Ontario that provide mental health and addictions services in community-based settings. CMHA Ontario is part of a nation-wide organization, which is Canada's oldest health charity.
We are seeking an energetic and experienced individual to join our Communications team. Reporting to the Director of Communications and working closely with a program manager, the Communications & Engagement Officer is expected to work independently and within the team to use their skills and expertise to support CMHA Ontario's mental health and sports program, Talk Today.
This is a full-time position, starting immediately, and is based in Toronto.
- Exhibit strong program co-ordination and time-management skills in the ongoing development and delivery of CMHA Ontario's mental health program for athletes, Talk Today
- Use exceptional stakeholder management skills while building and fostering relationships with internal and external partners, including CMHA branches and sports teams and/or leagues
- particularly within junior hockey
- that implement Talk Today
- Work closely with the Talk Today program manager to identify and resolve issues related to the program while navigating complex stakeholder relationships
- Proactively and reactively generate ideas and help create content for CMHA's communications channels (i.e., websites, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) in order to promote the Talk Today program
- Possess strong writing, editing and research skills
- Collaborate with other members of the communications team to help develop products that may include web stories, news releases, Qs and As, briefing notes, brochures, pamphlets, posters, reports or other collateral as required
- Help provide logistical and strategic support to CMHA branches in the planning and execution of Talk Today training and communication activities
- With direction, identify and act upon new Talk Today opportunities across CMHA or external groups or organizations
- Support the project manager with additional Talk Today tasks as required
Required Skills & Experience:
We are seeking an individual with 3-5 years' experience in communications, marketing, public relations or journalism, sports marketing or sport operations. A post-secondary degree is preferred.
Superior organizational skills, initiative, and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong research, writing and editing abilities
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Knowledge of the challenges that elite athletes face or experience working with or supporting elite athletes a strong asset
- Other assets include French competency / bilingualism, expertise in graphic design
This position is based in our Toronto office. (Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, colleagues are currently working virtually.) This position is also a desk job with extended periods of sitting, reading, telephone interaction, and/or working at the computer. This position involves some moderate lifting, shipping, and handling. Attendance at various meetings throughout the work week will be required (including some weekends); meetings may occur on short notice, depending on the circumstances.
This position is part of the OPSEU Bargaining Unit.
We welcome and encourage applications from all individuals with relevant experience, people with disabilities, including people with lived experience of mental health and addictions issues and their family members. Accommodations at all stages of the selection process are available on request.
Please submit a cover letter and resume online.
Salary Range: $56,237.17
- $57,907.47, based on experience.