Soho House & Co is a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally.
Soho House is a platform for creativity and a space for its diverse membership to have fun, connect, discover and grow. Our passion is people, and we put members and our team at the heart of everything we do. We promote equality, respect and kindness within our walls, and in every community we create around the world.
At Soho House, the Head of Membership & Communications will be responsible for driving the acquisition, retention and communications to our members community.
They will drive the day-to-day responsibilities for the House, overseeing all aspects of the member experiences, including House events, member operations and all member communications. They will also be responsible for the delivery of member communication through our digital apps for digital membership tiers, Connect and Friends. They will directly oversee the local teams consisting of the membership, events and communication managers, leading them to deliver the best possible experience for members in the Houses, as well as across our digital platforms.
A successful Head of Membership & Communications knows that partnership and collaboration across multiple departments within the Houses is crucial for creating the engaging, friendly experience our creative members enjoy. The Head of Membership & Communications is responsible for gathering feedback about club developments, levels of service and facilities and developing appropriate responses to ensure a consistently high-quality experience for members.
The Head of Membership & Communications will report to the House's General Manager with a dotted line reporting structure to the North American Membership and Communications Director, with whom they will work to ensure we recruit creative, quality members and keep the ?magic? throughout our House.
This role will be based at Soho House Toronto.
- Manage Membership Managers and Events team to create a high-quality experience for all the members within the House
- Responsible for driving membership acquisition, retention and the member and guest experience, including hosting member events appropriate for Soho House Toronto and overseeing member communications within the House
- Work with the membership team to create a cohesive creative environment under the centralized vision of the Head of the Ops of the House/region
- Build and maintain committee for the region, ensure committee members are productive in generating appropriate member applications
- Maintain a constant presence in the House, acting as the face of the House to members; ensuring that their team is spending sufficient time on the floor with members as well as their acquisition and admin responsibilities
- Lead or oversee all new member introductions to the House to ensure members understand benefits, rules and opportunities
- Play an active part in the creation and implementation of the members events program, helping to ensure that events are well-planned by the Events Manager and communicated
- Engage in the local creative scene, attending events, parties, launches etc. to develop contacts, network and build awareness about the House, its facilities, your role and how new contacts might join Soho House
- Work with local membership teams to extract creative content from members for our member digital platforms
- For major Soho House events, both on and off site, play a central role in compiling guest lists, ensuring members get access, as applicable.
- Create competencies for the membership team as well as identify any gaps and developments for any training needs
- Work across all cross-functional teams (operations, design, content, creative, digital, events, partnerships and people & development teams) to deliver the House's objectives
- Write schedules for all direct reports to ensure there is full support on the floor
- Participate in weekly Head of Department meetings for the site
- Will require working beyond normal office hours, including nights and weekends, depending on business needs
- Required to spend time each day on the floor at the House and to be present for members and support team members.
- Minimum of 2 to 5+ years of experience as a respected leader and leading a large team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively tackle strategic
- Initiatives and immediate business needs, as well as connect with the local creative community
- Ability to assess how to communicate with members
- Marketing or communications background
Why work with us...
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you're seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care
- RRSP: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's
- vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.