At Nicola Wealth, our clients deserve the best. The same goes for our people. We invest in our employees in order to support our business through a period of significant growth.
By bringing together smart, dedicated, high caliber colleagues from diverse backgrounds, we deliver extraordinary client service in a truly dynamic work environment. The collaboration, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit we were founded on provide the opportunity for our people to have a real impact. We are passionate about our business and our culture, and are looking to attract, retain and develop individuals who have that same drive.
We take pride in our work and are trusted advisors to our clients. We are looking for talented, highly motivated individuals with exceptional experience who embody our culture and values as a creative, collaborative and hard-working organization.
As Nicola Wealth's Marketing Communications Coordinator, you are a member of the Marketing Team supporting the communications initiatives of the firm.
The Marketing Communications Coordinator role is part of the Communications team and supports the function by executing a range of marketing initiatives from coordinating client communications to posting website content. The coordinator will be responsible for creating and updating marketing content, preparing client communications, and keeping up-to-date with the industry's latest developments, trends, competitors, and promotional opportunities. To be successful in this role, the candidate must work well in a collaborative environment while exemplifying an entrepreneurial spirit by "owning" their responsibilities. The ideal candidate exhibits skills related to creative content creation, writing engaging copy, proofreading, list management, SEO, and digital campaigns.
In this role you are working alongside other professionals in the company and external partners to effectively administer the company's messages to various audiences.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Integrate and work alongside the Communications Team and the greater Marketing department, helping drive the collective marketing objectives
- Liaise with other teams and internal stakeholders to implement communications plans and activities
- Assist in creating Nicola Wealth content for various channels; from writing newsletters to producing impactful visuals and advertisements. Responsibilities may include researching, writing, producing, and distributing diverse content and material for internal and external publications, digital, and print communication channels
- Generate performance reports for email campaigns and ad hoc communications initiatives
- Identify opportunities to elevate and improve the firm's email communications
- Coordinate content production with external partners
- Contribute to creating and maintaining the marketing content calendar
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS WILL INCLUDE:
- Undergraduate degree in communications, journalism or related field
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience
- Essential to be fluent in English both written and verbal
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
- Proficiency in MailChimp, WordPress, CRM, Microsoft Office programs, and marketing automation software an asset
- Self-starter, able to analyze processes and recognize opportunities for improvement. Demonstrates high levels of initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Easily builds strong working relationships and collaborates with others
- Strong written communication skills including document drafting
- Competence in basic graphic design and visual content creation
- Flexible and adaptable within a high change environment. Willingly accepts changing responsibilities and opportunities
- Creative mindset
- High levels of accuracy and close attention to detail
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Performance and service oriented
- You are legally eligible to work in Canada for any employer
Supporting our people during COVID-19
- We offer virtual leadership programs and coaching sessions for our people leaders
- We offer a "Nicola Health" resources site to support mental, physical and emotional health
- We provide computer equipment to help you with your home setup
- We offer virtual onboarding through Dayforce, where you will have access to:
- An Executive welcome message from the Senior Leadership Team
- Videos on culture
- Photos and bios of your team
- Introduction to your peer mentor/buddy with photos
- Workforce handbook and new hire forms reviewed and signed from the comfort of your home
- Regular calls with a member of the People and Culture team to support you
Application closing date is April 30, 2021
Please include both cover letter and resume in your application. Thank you for your interest in this position. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. For more information about this and other roles: www.nicolawealth.com