Do you have strong design skills and a heart for those experiencing homelessness? The Mustard Seed is looking for a talented Graphic Designer to join our team! Reporting to Chief Communications Officer, the Graphic Design is responsible for: (i) developing creative solutions for projects and promotional material that reach a diverse audience; and (ii) coordinating print projects at The Mustard Seed.
Position Type: Fulltime
- Friday, 8:00 am
- 4:30 pm
Reporting to: Chief Communications Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate high-quality engaging design solutions for a variety of projects for a diverse audience, using a variety of vehicles (print, website, social media, digital display);
- Communicate design concepts to key stakeholders;
- Articulate the value of creative concepts;
- Create promotional material to generate awareness and donations with a strong emphasis on branding standards and key messaging;
- Turn strategic ideas into creative marketing and fundraising solutions;
- Create multimedia designs using Adobe Creative Suite;
- Create timelines and monitor design projects.
- Support all aspects of the production flow process, including procuring quotes from vendors and other service providers, approvals, quality control on printing, delivery, and inventory control;
- Coordinate copy, artwork and create designs on projects;
- Support production, inventory and design of all promotional materials and signage
- Coordinate with vendors for efficient project management.
- Provide photography for internal events
- Support photography and video at TMS development events
- Edit photography for various mediums using Adobe Creative Suite
Other duties as assigned, such as:
- Participate in planning and strategy meetings;
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing methods, costs, results;
- Assisting Manager of Communications with other initiatives and projects when requested;
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Post-secondary education in related field
- A passion to be part of ending homelessness in Alberta;
- High proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop);
- Intuitive and high-quality designs that inspire action and evoke emotion;
- Ability to conceptualize and take projects through to completion;
- Experience in brand development and management as asset;
- Strong proficiency in MS Office software (PowerPoint);
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both, written and verbal;
- Ability to work with confidential information;
- Very organized with very high attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Although this is an office-based position in the Edmonton, there is some occasional travel to other Mustard Seed sites located in other cities.
- Some weekend and evening work may be required
- Moderate physical effort is required to successfully accomplish the essential job functions, such as keyboarding to word process documents and entering data. Talking on the telephone
- both landline and cell
- will be necessary.
- Moderate to Advanced mental effort is required to successfully accomplish the essential job functions such as meeting deadlines, providing information and resolving data discrepancies in a quick and efficient manner.
- An Employment Background Check is required for all positions at The Mustard Seed
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to agree to respect and not detract from The Mustard Seed's Employment Values during their employment at The Mustard Seed.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and wellness days,
- Your privacy is important to us. The information we collect is used solely for consideration for employment.
- We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Mustard Seed reserves the right to amend job advertisements. No phone calls please.
- Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.