As valued member of the Senior Management team, the Director of Business Administration will have direct responsibility to oversee Saskatoon Crossroads Residential Services and Saskatoon Temple/CFS Finance, Property & Facilities and Central Purchasing, in accordance with Government contractual agreements and The Salvation Army standards. The position reports directly to the Executive Director.
This is a permanent full time position at 40 hours per week.
- Ability to deal effectively with all managers and staff and create a working climate that is positive and mutually supportive.
- Ability and willingness to work in a consultative, collaborative, diplomatic, and tactful manner.
- Strong sense of integrity with professional ethics and a balanced sense of fairness and flexibility.
- Seek common ground in navigating challenging issues and constructively manage conflict to create win-win solutions, wherever possible.
- Ability to proactively recognize potential risks and issues, respond with solutions and engage others in implementing change.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- clear and simple to understand.
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- self-motivated and disciplined self-starter.
- Attention to detail, meticulous and ability to always maintain confidentiality.
- Ability and willingness to respect, understand, further, support and promote The Salvation Army's mission, culture, and values.
- Develop strategic initiatives and action plans for asset management, asset deployment, resource allocation, and training for Saskatoon Crossroads.
- Develop solutions and recommendations and implement plans to turnaround shortfalls and deficits; pointing the ministry unit on a secure and sustainable financial path and coordinate the annual budgeting process.
- Provide financial and administrative oversight on vendor management contracts, invoices, documentation, audits, and accreditation requirements.
- Provide oversight to the Finance Team in preparation of annual external audit, annual funding contract, department/program annual budget and financial variance reports and ensure all financial reports for funding agencies and Divisional Headquarters are completed and submitted on time.
- Ensure all processes relating to central purchasing are properly implemented and followed through.
- Serve as the business liaison for projects; providing guidance and vendor management assistance, where required.
- Provide direction and oversight to the facilities department to ensure all property repairs and maintenance work are completed within the scheduled timeline and budget.
- Provide financial input, capabilities, and strategic advice on the viability of major repairs and capital projects work undertaken by the organization to ensure its sustainability and continuous operation.
- Provide oversight to Saskatoon Crossroads' finance, business, and admin department, property and facilities, trustee program, and emergency after hours program.
- Recruit, train, evaluate, supervise, guide, and manage facility, accounting, and trustee staff.
Responsibility for Financial Resources:
- Provide oversight over the management, safekeeping, proper use and/or distribution of property, equipment, and materials including confidential financial and employee documentation and files, reports, departmental budgets, and staff payroll.
- Maintains and manages vendors and suppliers listing, quotation and bidding offers, and contracts.
- This role is authorized to spend and disburse small amounts with the use of a credit card in accordance with TSA guidelines.
- Assists prepare and monitor annual budgets of small ministry unit or department.
- Provides input and recommendations to the development of new policies and procedures pertaining to the management and allocation of financial resources.
Responsibility for Human Resources:
- This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Manages 9 direct reports and 1 indirect report.
- This role establishes and communicates objectives and priorities for Saskatoon Crossroads' facilities, finance, business and admin, trustee program, and emergency after-hours program, providing oversight and supervision and maintaining workflow.
Minimum Education Level Attained:
- Completed or working on university degree in Business and Finance, or equivalent.
Special Licenses, Diplomas, Certifications or Requirements:
- Certificate in Facilities Management or its equivalent is preferred.
- Current certification in Standard First Aid with CPR, Criminal Police Investigation Check with Vulnerable Sector Check, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training.
Minimum Prior Related Experience:
- 5 years but less than 7 years of related Finance/Business experience, with facilities management experience an asset; An equivalent combination of education and experience can be considered.
- The incumbent's work environment is typically in the office, local facilities/ministry units.
- Requires limited travel between Crossroads' multiple sites weekly (less than 10%) and may be subject to overtime, as required.
- The performance of the job requires attentive listening, frequent attention to computer/word processing, attention to detail, working with confidential information, brainstorming, planning, reading, and analyzing statistical reports, exposure to high level of stress, frequent deadlines.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your managing supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application.