At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us. As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Senior Manager Communications, Connected Home & Service Expansion
The Rogers Communications team is looking for a self-motivated, creative, dynamic senior manager to lead key external and internal communications programs supporting our national and local business objectives. If you are a seasoned communicator who thrives in a fast-paced, complex environment, enjoys working within a rapidly evolving external communications landscape, collaborating with internal experts, and loves finding new ways to reach and engage with media, influencers, community and government stakeholders, this could be the role for you.
Here's what you'll do:
- Reporting to the Senior Director, Communications, Connected Home and Business, Technology & Regional Affairs, you will play an important role in developing and advancing the company's reputation and support the Company's objectives to bring connectivity and our world-class products and services to even more communities, consumers, and businesses across Canada. Collaborating closely across Communications, and with teams such as Service Expansion, Connected Home, Rogers for Business, Government Relations, and Technology, you'll help craft compelling narratives and find creative ways to communicate them to key stakeholders and influencers.
- Develop a strategic external and internal communications plan for key projects and programs across Connected Home & Service Expansion teams, supporting the Company's objectives, that build culture & reputation.
- Lead local proactive and reactive media relations activities around key projects and announcements
- Build and maintain well-established relations within the organization and with key media, industry peers, communities and other partners to identify opportunities
- Work with the wider communications team to identify and manage issues, develop statements, background briefs and talking points on a broad range of issues
- Represent communications on key cross-functional teams and projects requiring issues or reputation management support
- Create compelling media messaging to prepare Rogers spokespeople, and/or act as a company spokesperson
- Provide day-to-day advice and counsel to senior executives, and project leadership teams as a trusted advisor
- Contribute to best-in-class communications practices, and deliver flawlessly executed communications initiatives
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders to support team interactions and help create a unified and powerful market presence
- You have strong experience in corporate communications or equivalent fields with proven success
- You have strong knowledge of and relationships with key media, and a proven track record in media relations, employee communications and stakeholder relations
- You have a proven track record in telling a compelling narrative to key audiences, stakeholders and influencers
- You're a creative thinker with a proven track record for bringing fresh thinking to the table and implementing new ideas.
- You're an excellent team player that enjoys collaborating with different people across an organization.
- You can manage multiple projects and deliver on tight deadlines in a fast-paced corporate environment.
- You have telecom/ technology or equivalent industry experience
- You have excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- You can confidently present ideas to senior leaders (VP and above)
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (824), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Communications & Corporate Communication
Requisition ID: 193761
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate