We believe you are an accomplished content producer who has found a sweet spot between your creative content production abilities and your analytical skills to develop content that drives results. And now, you're at a place in your career where you are ready to own a content marketing strategy, incorporate your creative ideas and align them with your personal commitments to wellness and natural products, in a high-impact way. If this individual contributor role sounds like you, we invite you to read on.
At Social Nature, we're on a mission to change consumer habits by offering better-for-you brands an online product testing platform to get quick feedback on their new products and concepts. And we offer our community members the opportunity to sample and give feedback on the most innovative products.
Over the last 5 years, our small but mighty 20 person team has grown Social Nature to over half a million product testers across North America and has helped launch and grow over 500 sustainable brands. We've recently raised growth financing from the co-founder of Shopify, the founder of VEGA, and Active Impact Investments (a company investing in companies tackling the UN sustainability goals). And in 2020, we were proud to be recognized as one of the top 6 high-performance cultures by SupportingLines, a high-performance culture award.
The ?better for you? brand space is a small community and the primary goal of the Content Marketing Manager is to achieve a strong market presence through content and impactful events. It requires a deep understanding of the marketing challenges well established natural food and health brands like Primal Kitchen, Bolthouse Farms, Bob's Red Mill and thousands of innovative start-up brands face; the capability to deliver high-quality content that directly impacts their business outcomes; and the application of data and insights to refine your content strategy to increase Social Nature's brand awareness, generate inbound leads and create stronger brand partnerships.
How You'll Do It
- Own the content calendar, and be the primary content producer and editor across a range of mediums ensuring brand guidelines are upheld, optimized for SEO, and aligned with our target community
- Develop creative quarterly integrated marketing campaigns that go beyond the written word
- like events
- designed to increase inbound lead generation and brand awareness
- Coordinate and manage a mix of external contributors, such as domain experts, marketing and PR agencies
- Become customer (and data) obsessed, defaulting to action and delivering on commitments that support brands to reach new audiences and spread the #trynatural mission
To Be Successful In This Role, You'll Bring
- 3+ years in content marketing and robust understanding and experiences with B2B marketing processes: from optimizing customer acquisition funnels to SEO and A/B testing, and content strategies
- Proven track record in developing content strategy and producing impactful content (blog, social media, video, PR/editorial, events) that drives results, most importantly, inbound leads
- Engaging, personalized, content writing style and communication skills that demonstrate an ?insider's knowledge? of natural health and wellness as a lifestyle
- Understanding and dare we say, obsession, for partnership marketing and producing online events
- Action-focused project management skills that demonstrate the ability to take projects from concept to fruition
- An uncanny ability to think creatively while working with data and insights to find breakthrough strategies and solutions, especially when it comes to content production and integrated marketing campaigns
Why You Should Work With Us
Make a difference with your work
- align your work with your values and contribute to building a more sustainable future! Did you know that each year, the average person uses about 200 products? That's 200 choices you're making about what you put in your body, in your children's bodies, and in the environment. Join us in our mission to help more people make the switch to healthy and sustainable products.
Feel cared for
- your financial, mental and physical well-being is important to us. We offer fair market rates, extended health/dental benefits, a confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP), a $1,000 annual wellness spending account (gym pass, running shoes, bike etc.), 3 weeks of paid time off, a winter holiday flex week, and a generous employee stock options so you can benefit from our hyper-growth.
Enjoy our flexible work environment
- slot in as much face-to-face time with your team as you can in our beautiful Gastown office, but sometimes you do your best work in slippers. Throughout COVID-19 we've encouraged people to work from home. Currently, some of our team members use our office for a change of scenery, and when it's safe to do so we'll encourage our entire team to use our office to collaborate and connect from time to time.
Take part in team events
- we believe that a team that plays together stays together. Throughout COVID-19 we've had to get more creative with our team events hosting virtual social hours, 30-day health & sustainability challenges, online trivia/ board games events, and even Zoom cooking challenges. And each year we host a wellness retreat offsite that's focused on your personal development and growth.
Check out a video featuring our Founder, and learn more about our mission and culture here > (https://www.socialnature.com/careers)
We've always felt that everyday consumers can have a big collective impact and with climate change and human health top of mind, we feel a sense of urgency to scale like never before.
If you thrive at the intersection of passion, purpose, performance we want to hear from you!