ABOUT THE CITY OF LOUGHEED
At Metro Vancouver's most central and connected location, a community shopping centre is evolving into Canada's largest shopping, dining, residential and social destination. This is the City of Lougheed
- a 37 acre city centre with parks, plazas, entertainment and culture at an unprecedented scale. And with all lines of rapid transit converging here, every corner of the region is within reach. This is a city-within-a-city, a world-class destination and a new generation of urban living for citizens and visitors alike.
Today, The City of Lougheed is a regional shopping centre with 85+ Shops and Services including Hudson's Bay, London Drugs, Walmart Supercentre, and Sport Chek.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Coordinator will find themselves in a creative role for an evolving shopping centre. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating day-to-day digital and in-centre promotions, creating marketing assets, and participating in marketing planning. The role will have significant opportunity to contribute to the opening of Neighborhood One, the first phase of one of Canada's largest new master planned communities.
To succeed in this role, the candidate must be a creative, highly motivated, and organized individual who can thrive in an ever-changing environment.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Social media planning, content creation, and execution
- Management of all digital assets (website, eblasts)
- Assist in the planning and execution of all promotions, programming, events and community engagement
- Provide day-to-day design support through the use of InDesign to conceptualize campaigns, marketing materials, visual presentations and on-going communications
- Retailer support and communication
- Support day to day administrative duties
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong social media skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to foster relationships with customers, team members, retailers, vendors and community partners
- Problem solver with a can-do attitude
- Organized and able to complete tasks with efficiency
Required Training and Experience
- A post-secondary education in marketing or communications
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a marketing role
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, InDesign and Lightroom
The successful candidate may expect a comfortable and collaborative work environment at The City of Lougheed Shopping Centre, a SHAPE managed property located in Burnaby. Due to the nature of this role, the candidate may be required to work weekends or extended hours as necessary.