We are expanding the Communications Department with the addition of a Communications Specialist! This position is based out of Mainroad's head office in Cloverdale and will report directly to the Communications Manager.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in the areas of Communications, Public Relations or minimum five (5) years equivalent experience in the related field(s).
- Computer skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is a must. Must be tech savvy!
- Strong Social Media experience is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication are a requirement of this position. Strong technical, creative writing skills
- internal reporter/ journalist.
- Excellent time management skills. Well organized, detail oriented, and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Graphic design experience is preferred.
- Ability to travel within British Columbia and Alberta; Class 5 driver's license.
- Creative design sense and innovative ideas are welcome.
- Energetic, willing to learn, is a team player and not afraid to ask questions. A real go getter!
- Resourceful, likes to solve problems.
The Communications Specialist will be assigned a mixed and varied workload. Duties include but not limited to:
- Internal Communications (print and electronic)
- Produce one monthly employee newsletter which includes content development, editing and design using Microsoft products.
- Assist in the development and distribution of other internal communication assignments.
- Schedule and conduct communication interviews, content research and follow-up.
- Writing, reviewing, proofing, editing and, as necessary, conducting research in preparing content for the organization's communication channels (social media, websites, video scripts, training, publicity materials, promotional pieces, print, and digital advertising)
- Crafting, scheduling, and publishing messages for website and social media related to recruitment, company news, community outreach, road safety, brand awareness, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining content on corporate and other Mainroad operating websites, intranets using MS365 SharePoint.
- Planning and coordination of employee social events such as supplier appreciation evenings, employee Christmas party, employee golf tournament, and public facing community outreach programs including Shift into Winter and Cone Zone/Slow Down Move Over campaigns.
Via Isarta. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.