The Technical Sales Engineer defines the technical requirements with the customer and provides design system solutions that meet the customer requirements. The Technical Sales Manager reports to the VP Technical Sales and works closely with all relevant departments in Corvus Energy. Requirements include:
- In partnership with sales representatives determine the needs of the customer and design solutions to meet their requirements.
- Perform system design simulations and other analyses.
- Provide system designs and other technical content for bids and proposals.
- Overcome technical obstacles to capture and close new business.
- Prepare documentation packages for internal and external customers.
- Actively obtain and further develop a high level of technical understanding and hands-on knowledge of the company's product portfolio.
- Interact with customers providing guidance on product integration options.
- Provide input to internal customers (product managers and others) on the market needs and future applications for our products.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the software tools used by the department.
- Occasionally represent Corvus Energy in customer meetings, either independently or as part of the Corvus team.
- Liaise with internal and external customers, sub-suppliers, governing bodies etc. on subjects related to current and future products in the company's portfolio.
- Train, tutor and support Technical Sales Engineers.
- Lead customer development projects are ongoing.
Skills and Requirements:
- Engineering Degree or Technologist Diploma.
- Minimum 5 years technical and commercial experience from maritime solutions industry.
- Good analytical skills and advanced proficiency in English written and oral.
- Advanced experience in electrical system design and system integration.
- Good knowledge of marine power engineering.
- Advanced experience using MS Excel and draughting software.
- Good experience from customer facing activities (B2B).
About Corvus Energy:
Founded in 2009, Corvus Energy provides purpose-engineered energy storage solutions for marine, oil & gas and port applications. Corvus Energy has the largest installed base of ESSs with the largest number of projects completed in the maritime industry. More than 90% of large commercial hybrid vessels utilize a Corvus ESS. Custom developed mechanical and electrical design combined with state-of-the-art battery management systems, provides Corvus Energy's customers with not only lower maintenance costs but also reduced fuel consumption, and emissions. A Corvus ESS assists with regulatory compliance and emission control area (ECA) limits and provides immediate benefits with a rapid return on investment.