Date: Apr 9, 2021
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Requisition ID: 15197
A Career in Beer
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world's beer drinkers. We are the world's family brewer, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years around the world. We're TalentBrewers
- we believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of untapped opportunities. So, if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you.
What does your ideal summer job look like? Why not spend it working in an exciting & fast-paced industry!
In the role of Sales intern, British Columbia, you will be part of the British Columbia sales team. The person will gain hands-on experience and potentially future opportunities for summer and full time jobs in all areas of the business such as marketing, sales, supply chain and more!
This position works closely with the Sales Leadership team in British Columbia to assist us in creating positive brand experiences and delighting our customers and consumers.
This is a 4-month gig from May to September.
- Support the Brilliant Execution of our Brands
- Through a First Choice lens, build and support relationships with key customers, business partners, industry associations, government and suppliers
- Negotiate agreements with Retail customers to ensure profitability and success when assisting in the implementation of their strategic initiatives
- Achieve and exceed targeted sales plans on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Ensure brilliant execution by building rapport and supporting product standards
- Plan and administer budgets, develop business case proposals and execution
- Participate in sales meetings with your team
- Analyze valuable data by tracking volume, distribution performance and the competitive landscape to develop strategies that will help us meet any challenge
- Support execution of events and sponsorships
- Build Relationships
- With colleagues, customers consumers, and members within your community.
Work Perks that You Need to Know About
- People Development
- We take people development seriously, offer potential growth opportunities
- giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are
The Other Qualifications
- You have the ability and willingness to work a flexible work schedule if needed, including some evenings and weekends and light travel
- You have a valid driver's license with no limitations/restrictions. You will be required to provide a recent copy of a Driver's Abstract
- You are self-motivated with a magnetic personality; you project a positive, team-first and professional corporate image, and demonstrate strong problem solving, organizational, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- You have past work experience in sales, promotions, marketing and/or customer service fields
- You have a passion for the beverage industry
- especially Beer and new trends
- Solid Microsoft Proficiency
- PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Teams, Calendar Managemetn
- Social Media comprehension
- You are involved in extra-curricular activities
- You can lift over 30 lbs, no lifting restrictions
- You have (or can get) your Smart Serve Certificate (or provincial equivalent)
- You are a resident of (or familiar with) assigned territory
- You will be expected to understand and comply with the Liquor Control Act regulations. All Summer Sales Representatives must be of legal drinking age.
- As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to provide consent to complete a criminal background check
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We're an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.