What We'll Bring: Protecting the health and wellness of our associates and candidates considering a career at TransUnion is our highest priority. In supporting this vision, our recruitment and new hire experience for this role is fully virtual for the time being. Candidates interviewing will get to know our team over the phone and video, and this role will operate virtually upon hire until we return to the office. Even though we're not physically together right now, our goal is to provide you a supportive candidate and new hire experience that will immerse you in our culture and set you up for success at TransUnion.
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for their first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
What You'll Bring:
- This position requires a strong background in sales and marketing plus 5-7 years of sales or account management experience in a credit reporting or related industry plus in depth experience either in banking, retail credit or consumer credit reporting industries.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in outbound tele-sales; full knowledge of the product line and its applications; a strong knowledge of TU operations; and experience with strategic planning.
- Maintenance of a broad customer relationship essential.
Impact You'll Make:
This position is reporting to the Inside Sales Manager and is responsible for sales to an assigned group of clients and building the book of business through proactive outbound telephone/virtual sales:
- Account planning and tactic implementation in securing new sales relationships and the defending of existing relationships, through the effective day-to-day management of allocated accounts in the Mid-Market Vertical.
- Implement an account segmentation process and appropriate client touch point frequency that ensures constant opportunity development for the sales pipeline and closing of new business, balanced with responding to inbound customer calls/emails to grow existing business
- Manage inbound leads and proactively build those relationships to advance leads to closed business
- Establish and maintain account relationships and meet personal sales targets within the full line of products and solutions
- Ensures the continuous development of sales opportunities across the various stages of the sales cycle through outbound virtual/tele sales to identify sales opportunities
- Work cooperatively with the field sales team to refer clients (where appropriate) that require more complex account management support based on growth, or as a result of an inbound lead
- Develop the sales function expertise through on-going personal training and education.
- Monitors own effectiveness of sales and after sales efforts in context of account segmentation planning and strategies, and recommend improvements to process and approach where indicated.
- Comply with relevant sales processes such as Salesforce.com and activity tracking, and internal sales administrative processes where required
- Performs other duties as required
Accommodation is available, including for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title: AE II, Account Dev
- Direct Sales