SVB Canada Branch has been open since 2019 and the Marketing team is a critical lever to build awareness and profile for the SVB Brand in Canada through targeted ecosystem outreach and continued focus on elevating the client and partner brand experience. While Canada works in close collaboration with the US Marketing team, we have one dedicated resource for the country. An intern that can bring general Marketing experience, with a specific interest in digital/social engagement and project-planning will help the Marketing Lead to scale. Responsibilities would include content development, event planning & execution, research, accelerator/incubator activation & penetration, and general duties as required. This is a unique opportunity to influence the development of a new marketing organization and gain broad exposure to all marketing functions.
- Develop templates and other creative content to support social media & digital presence, event sponsorships and sales materials or collateral.
- Evolve our social presence: further identify engaging content to post, share, and follow on our enterprise social media accounts, and propose a strategy for engaging with influencers in our market
- Manage our customer and partner events: Design compelling promotional material and invitations, and manage
- Support the digital enablement of our team: Setup our internal marketing knowledge center, leveraging tools like Microsoft Teams and SharePoint to create a turnkey solution for on-brand collateral, templates, insights, sector reports and marketing guidelines
- Work within our analytics tools to identify opportunities to improve our Net Promoter Score, discover where we're succeeding and where we're not, and optimize our approach to client experience
- Candidates must be students currently enrolled in a college/university (Minimum Requirement)
- Seeking the following Majors: Communications, Business Administration, Commerce
- Marketing focus (particularly Digital Marketing or Event Marketing) is preferred
- Seeking Undergrad or Masters level students (or open to a both)
- Preferred candidates should have work or academic experience with the following
- Integrated Marketing
- Interest in startups and venture capital
- Exposure to corporate working environment
- Strong communications skills (internal and external)
- Self-starters who can work autonomously when required and understand that the work environment will be virtual for this 4-month opportunity