Open up to the Possibilities!
At Purolator, you'll be proud knowing you're working for a Canadian company that truly values its employees. And it's community. This is an exciting and evolving industry and we're leading the change as we strive to deliver the future. Here you will be empowered to help move the business forward. Each and every day. Are you open to the possibilities?
The Communications Strategist, Operations, is Purolator's communications lead for Operations. You will have day-to-day contact with Purolator's strategic planning project managers and Operations teams, including senior leaders, to develop and execute internal and external communications for key strategic and operational priorities that have a direct impact on Purolator's financial performance and business progress.
In this role you will:
- Lead internal and external operational communications plan development and execution, with the main focus on internal communications.
- Provide communications counsel and long-term communication strategies that are directly related to the company's top priorities. This includes proposing recommendations to internal clients, working with vendors on creative solutions and seeing all projects through to completion with limited supervision.
- Develop highly tactful communications plans and materials (mainly internal) that enhance Purolator's corporate reputation and engage employees, with a particular emphasis on front-line employees, and deliver within tight timelines.
- Recommend and develop materials with other members of the communications department to improve operational communications (e.g., processes/procedures, reporting documents for senior management/front-line employees and customer communication on project highlights including key milestones, business benefits and customer benefits).
- Create visual and written content for a range of business partners to support day-to-day communications needs.
- Provide guidance on and develop written and visual content for distribution across multiple channels to align with Purolator's voice, vision and strategic priorities.
- Commit to helping managers elevate how they communicate with their teams by providing up-to-date advice and employee communications best practices.
- Align senior executives and management teams on communication recommendations related to key business priorities and initiatives.
- Use your experience, skills and acumen to assess all reputational and communications risks and opportunities related to a project, and provide expert communications counsel and materials to ensure a successful project implementation among all affected stakeholders.
As the successful candidate, you are someone who:
- Is creative, self-motivated and courageous, with the ability to take charge and manage bold new projects independently.
- Has a desire to join a company that's committed to making our country stronger by leading the change in an evolving industry, as we strive to deliver the future.
- Takes an action-oriented approach to your work based on good judgement.
- Takes a leadership approach to elevating internal corporate communications.
- Has the ability to have fun under pressure, always keeping a positive attitude.
- Exhibits exceptional decorum, judgement and project management skills.
- Demonstrates superior organization and prioritization skills coupled with a sense of urgency and motivation.
- Knowledge of corporate communications strategy and planning.
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience delivering communications counsel and supporting high-level strategic priorities for a business that have a direct impact on the company's strategic progress and financial results.
- Well versed in creating communication plans, work-back schedules, key messages, Q&As, briefing documents, customer communications and other communication materials that support the rollout of strategic and operational business priorities.
- Experience working with major Canadian organizations to support strategic business and operational priorities with communication planning, counsel, material development and execution.
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management capabilities and people skills
- Exceptional content development and writing experience with impeccable writing and proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Workplace, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram is an asset.
- Knowledge of change management and project management principles is an asset.
Working Conditions: Office Environment
Reports to: Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Purolator is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous status or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We recognize that our employees and their families are key stakeholders. We will only be successful as a business if we provide our employees with a safe and healthy workplace and we have the right people in the right roles with the support they need to succeed. We hire for attitude and train for skills. To learn more about us and our values, go to www.purolator.com.
At Purolator, every day is an opportunity for our employees to connect with one another and with our customers to help make a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play.