Middleweight Graphic Designer
Equitable Bank, 30 St. Clair Ave West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Req #1198
Monday, April 12, 2021
Canada's Challenger Bank?
Equitable Bank manages over $35 billion in assets and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Equitable Group Inc. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company and has become Canada's ninth largest Schedule I bank. Equitable Bank offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending, and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs.
At Equitable, we have no doubt that financial services are changing. Consumers increasingly prefer to interact remotely through digital channels and are less likely to visit brick and mortar locations. That's why we launched EQ Bank in 2016. Its approach to simple and convenient banking makes it a strong contender in the industry. We believe there's an opportunity for something different, to provide better service and a better deal for our customers through digital banking.
You should be immersed in a broad range of projects across digital, moving image and print combining creative skills with technical know-how. You will have a good understanding of translating work across multiple channels. You will be working very closely with copywriters, motion designers, and developers.
You will have 3+ years' experience working at an in-house or external ad agency.
- Work independently with confidence and collaborate as part of a creative team
- Show strong creative judgment and give clear and honest feedback
- Be a self-motivated, highly organized, creative individual with excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize
- Have the ability to take a creative brief from concept to completion with a focus on planning, implementation, and accountability for delivery of the project
- Have a good understanding of imagery, composition, and design, as well as a strong ability to problem solve and collaborate across all areas of design. Create and execute on project deliverables to the highest standard under tight deadlines
- Have excellent research skills, awareness of current design trends and a willingness to explore different design solutions
- Be a champion for great creative work and actively seek opportunities to expand out output
- Be enthusiastic, personable and get stuck in. Looking for a candidate who doesn't just see this as another job, but as an opportunity to have your say and develop a career in an exciting creative environment
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-secondary education in Digital Graphics, Design, Marketing, Animation or related field and/or experience
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant design experience at middleweight level
- An understanding of the financial/banking industry is a plus
- Good knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint and Word
- Experience generating design concepts and big ideas for campaigns
- Confidence working under pressure
- A portfolio that demonstrates all of the above
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position