Communications Coordinator (Maternity Leave)
Date: April 12, 2021
Location: City of Weyburn
- City Hall
Weyburn is a thriving prairie city nestled in the southeast corner of Saskatchewan and a dynamic community
providing exceptional quality and opportunities for its residents and visitors. The City of Weyburn is a
multifaceted organization employing much of the local public in a variety of meaningful careers. The City
strives to be an engaged and diverse employer with approximately 105 employees, increasing to over 130
during summer months. The City of Weyburn is offering candidates an opportunity to gain knowledge and
enhance their careers while working in a municipal environment with the City of Weyburn to fill in for a
Maternity Leave as the Communications Coordinator. This position would be ideal for anyone looking to
start their career in the field or for a student who is looking for a placement.
Responsibilities : Provide communications support to City Council and City Departments;
- Prepare media correspondence and emergency communications for the City of Weyburn;
- Prepare speaking notes/speeches for Council members when representing the City of Weyburn;
- Responsible for the City of Weyburn's social media presence
- Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook etc.;
- Manage and maintain the City of Weyburn website and employee intra-web;
- Assist in long term planning and budgeting processes;
- Attend City Council meetings and participate on various committees;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications :
- Possess a university degree or diploma with a major in communications/journalism/marketing/public relations or a related discipline;
- Three years' experience in a progressively responsible communications role;
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Knowledge and understanding of political issues at a local, provincial and federal level an asset.
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver's license.
Additional Information :
- Job Status
- Maternity Leave Position (until approximately August, 2022)
Classification - Out of Scope
- Benefits - The City of Weyburn's benefit packages includes: Dental Coverage, Extended Health Care,
Life Insurance, Accidental Death, Disease & Dismemberment and Short Term and Long Term
- Application Deadline - The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please submit your resumes and cover letters directly to Brittaney Hutt, HR Manager at via Isarta
or drop off your information at city hall. The City of Weyburn thanks all applicants for their interest in this
employment opportunity but only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.