The Technical Sales Specialist, Reproductive Health
- Michigan/Ohio, Eastern Canada
position is part of the commercial organization supporting the Reproductive Health portfolio within the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD). The Reproductive Health portfolio provides high-value genomic data
This role is based remotely in Ohio, Michigan, or Eastern Canada.
We are looking for a Reproductive Health Technical Sales Specialist with extensive experience and a proven track record in Clinical Reproductive Health Sales. The candidate will be responsible for achieving and exceeding the assigned territory sales plan and ideally will possess strong technical acumen, experience selling molecular genetic technologies into the Clinical and Reproductive Health market, and the consultative sales skills necessary to drive both instrument sales and assay implementation in the Reproductive Health space.
The Technical Sales Specialist, Reproductive Health (RPH TSS) is responsible for growing Thermo Fisher's Reproductive Health portfolio which spans the Reproductive Health continuum from pre-conception carrier screening to preimplantation screening, to prenatal and postnatal testing. The RPH TSS role is a sales role that also serves as a technical resource for RH customers in territory and across a highly matrixed sales organization.
The Reproductive Health Technical Sales Specialist must demonstrate deep technical credibility to effectively consult with customers and prospects to influence key decisions on technology and product choices and to manage internal resources and their deployment for successful assay implementation. Strong business acumen is also required to translate successful account strategy into business results. The ideal candidate will be a results-oriented self-starter with superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills, and excellent sales skills including listening, negotiating, and closing.
What will you do?
- Scientific Consulting Acumen
- Candidate demonstrates deep technical ability to consult with customers on their testing needs to maximize technology utilization and promote current advances in protocols, assays and capabilities. Understands and navigates competitive offerings to best position our solutions.
- Consumable and Instrumentation Sales Acumen
- Successfully maintains current business and drives new assay implementation at Cytogenetic and Molecular Genetic Laboratories in commercial reference labs and large academic medical centers. Consults with customers to build relationships and focuses on Molecular and Cytogenomic laboratory needs and workflows to maximize consumable usage.
- Business Acumen
- Understands the Reproductive Health market and landscape, is committed to rigorous territory planning, accurate and timely forecasting, and is driven to grow our market share in the Reproductive Health space.
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment.
- Develops and manages a business plan to meet or exceed business goals agreed upon with Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial management for the territory.
- Effectively competes to win over the competition. Understands customer goals, priorities, and challenges and successfully positions our solutions to address clinical customer needs.
- Manages Reproductive Health assay utilization in Molecular Genetic, Cytogenomic, and IVF accounts and laboratories.
- Drives additional Reproductive Health assay utilization across the territory and targets new customers for conversion to our assays and instrumentation.
Minimum Qualifications :
- BA/BS or MS degree in Life Sciences mandatory, PhD preferred.
- 3+ years of strategic sales experience in Reproductive Health or Clinical/Life Sciences mandatory with consistent achievement of sales goals.
- Experience in Executive-Level Customer Engagement.
- Understanding of healthcare industry standards, reimbursement, CAP/CLIA guidelines, and environments.
- Ability to travel over 50% within the territory.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.