Careers that Change Lives
The role of marketing has never been more central to the growth of Medtronic. We value marketers with strong Customer and market insights, which are foundational to our ability to respond to customer needs. Value proposition, content, and messaging expertise are critical to drive customer engagement and acceptance. Broadening the perception of what Medtronic can deliver is vital to the growth of our new technologies and services. We strive for an integrated, seamless experience to meet our customer expectations and demands.
A Day in the Life
The Marketing Program Manager will be responsible for the plan, design and execution of marketing programs that will preserve, develop and grow the Deep Brain Stimulation, Visualase and CSF portfolios. Work with customers, field sales and management to understand the market, competitive strategies, and product opportunities. This role requires a strong understanding of hospital clinical practices and the healthcare environment, commercial expertise and market analytics, along with a background in strategic marketing and market development.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Directs the development of company market requirements for our Deep Brain Stimulation, Visualase and CSF portfolios.
- Leads and coordinates product planning, product launches, product management, market development and market research activities.
- Interacts directly with product managers to identify new marketing opportunities.
- Works individually or with a team in recommending action, scheduling and planning projects, estimating cost and managing projects to completion.
- Identifies unmet customer requirements and new business opportunities and provides vision and focus to move products from idea to market place.
- Facilitates and coordinates marketing activities with geographic areas to increase teamwork and build partnerships.
- Responsibilities may also include: coordinating trade show activities, website development, developing future e-commerce strategies, and tracking of marketing campaigns to evaluate results and provide recommendations for future marketing promotions.
- Product portfolio responsibilities including pricing and promotion, demand planning, backorder and obsolescence management, SOGL and product launch plans.
- Conduct market research and analysis activities with key customer groups to reveal marketing opportunities including product positioning and message evolution. Monitor competitive activity, and make strategic changes (pricing, product mix) as required.
- Sales/revenue forecasting for respective portfolio, review progress against AOP on a quarterly basis. Prepare AOP, strategic plans, quarterly business reviews, annual expense requirements, etc.
- Lead Canadian market development assessment plans (PAA) and supports value-based initiatives within the portfolio.
- Design, coordinate, and conduct in-house and field-based training sessions for customers and Medtronic staff.
- Establish strong relationships, trust and credibility with the Marketing team from the Global Business Units.
- Continuously build market and clinical insights and assess business trends to develop and refine the strategic vision for the portfolio to maximize growth.
- Manage and compile regional clinical customers and clinical expert advocates (key opinion leaders, therapy experts).
- Plan and execute clinical education activities thru conferences, symposiums, trade shows, visiting clinician programs (VCPs) and therapy awareness programs (TAPs).
- Responsibilities may include: developing digital marketing strategies and tracking of marketing campaigns to evaluate results and provide recommendations for future marketing promotions.
- Regular consultation with other departments in Medtronic to maximize potential synergies: therapy development, marketing operations, supply chain, RAQA, clinical research & sales.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Regional Sales Managers, Territory Managers, surgeons and all other customers through regular field visits.
- Regular consultation with other departments in Medtronic to maximize potential synergies: therapy development, education, marketing, clinical research & sales.
- Additional activities required to effectively manage the portfolio.
Must Have : Minimum Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree is required preferably in Science or Business.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, including product launch or product line extension experience.
- Experience in medical devices or pharmaceutical sales.
- Excellent ability to analyze situations & reasons critically with a track record of turning ideas into results.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Market research and analytics and sound business acumen.
- Strong collaboration & communication skills (oral and written).
- Reflects a high level of integrity in people and business management practices.
- Capacity to challenge status quo, innovate both clinically and technically as trends evolve.
- Multi-tasking and priority management skills.
- Computer software knowledge: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Nice to Have
- Advanced degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- English/French an asset.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations
- but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Medtronic Canada strives through our vision to build a culture of inclusiveness through our commitment to employment equity and diversity. Discrimination is prohibited on any grounds protected under Canadian Human Rights legislation. Employment applications are encouraged from all members of our community. Upon request, candidates with disabilities will be accommodated during the recruitment process.
Physical Job Requirements
- Travel within North America up to 30% of the time.
- The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers.