Sector Marketing Manager, Industrial Buildings and Ports & Marine Terminals
- ( 210000LY )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 350 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger. Your Opportunity
We're marketers, communicators, and strategic pursuit partners who play an integral role in the development and execution of creative vision, innovative solutions, and business strategies. As trusted advisors, we collaborate with designers, engineers, and project managers to drive projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Our Buildings Business Operating Unit unites more than 4000 architects, interior designers, engineers and technical specialists spread throughout more than 100 locations in 6 countries around the globe. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, we bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future.
We have an opening for a Sector Marketing Manager for the Industrial and Ports & Marine Terminals (PMT) sectors on our Buildings Business Operating Unit team. Stantec's Industrial & PMT Sectors includes consulting services for: Transit Maintenance Facilities, Industrial Manufacturing, Automotive, Food and Beverage Manufacturing, Warehouse and Distribution Facilities, Port and Marine Terminals-and more!
This position requires a detail-oriented individual, with a background in marketing and/or communications-a team player who can lead strategic pursuits communicate effectively, develop marketing strategy, manage multiple concurrent initiatives, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
Does this sound like you? Great! You're the experienced marketing leader we're looking for. Your Key Responsibilities
Winning Impactful Work:
- Drive a culture of business development through leadership of strategic pursuits with Sector Leaders and regional marketing teams, actively leading and managing development of pursuit strategy, pre-positioning efforts and content development.
- Identify key clients for inclusion in Stantec's Account Management program, implementation of annual account plans inclusive of KPIs, revenue targets and key actions / initiatives, and provide ongoing training on account management tools, research opportunities and systems.
Sector Strategy Development:
- Develop an annual sector business plan, in partnership with leadership, to direct the business, deliver insight and strategy on market size and potential, SWOT, key pursuits, strategic initiatives, key accounts and revenue forecast.
- Lead the annual Sector Marketing and Communications Plan development and implement the approved plan and budget using a mix of marketing tools, including advertising, client events, media, professional events, social media, direct mail/eDM, conferences/tradeshows etc.
- Support sector goals for revenue growth, profitability, and market leadership in our selected target markets.
Brand Management & Awareness:
- Assess Stantec's market positioning at the national level through primary and secondary market research and develop/implement communications strategies to help the sector achieve the desired market positioning.
- Develop and implement strategy to build brand awareness through a coordinated program focused on thought leadership, design excellence and creativity.
- Oversee direction of stantec.com pages specific to sector including, content development, sector landing pages, and enhanced expert pages.
- Work with PR and local marketing team members to develop campaigns which feature people / projects / creativity and enhance the Stantec brand.
Content Marketing (CM):
- Lead the content marketing strategy with specific sector campaign development in collaboration with the Sector Leadership team, BC leadership and regional marketing teams.
- Research industry themes and trends for topic generation
- Assist sector team in the generation of content (narrative / graphics).
- Conceive/strategize campaigns and themes that could drive content over a calendar year and manage production schedule and assignments.
- Lead, in partnership with PR & Communications, the development of an annual Marketing & Communications Plan specific to your sector inclusive of project and people promotion around milestones and key wins, awards, conferences, identification of wire release opportunities, blogs, videos, digital or e-card campaigns.
- Act as a brand ambassador on social media sites
- LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram to promote content relevant to your sector and encourage thought leaders and employees to share/promote Stantec and/or Sector content on their channels.
Uphold Marketing Effectiveness / Efficiencies:
- Advocate awareness and use of Stantec's marketing systems (SMKC, Stantec.com, Pipeline, Power BI Analytics, Sector Dashboards and the Buildings Community Site) in support of internal and external promotion.
- Guide the development of content around key sector topics informed by industry trends and client requests for the purpose of curating and sharing best practice across the sector.
- Act as a mentor to support the development of regional marketing team members and to guide the development of consistent high-quality marketing and business development materials.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Active participation in / experience with business planning and strategy development.
- Proven experience developing responses to detailed requests for proposals (RFQ/RFPs).
- Detail-oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships within a virtual environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (specifically, InDesign), and web-based interfaces.
- Must thrive working in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must have the ability to work independently, and in cooperation with a broad team of practitioner, marketing and PR professionals.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree in business, marketing, communications, public relations, or an equivalent level of experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a marketing and business development related role is required.
- Experience in the Architecture/Engineering/Construction industry is required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg
Work Locations :
Job : Marketing and PR/Communications Professional
Organization : BC-1301 Marketing & Communications-BOU-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 17, 2021, 6:57:57 AM
Req ID: 210000LY
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans