As the Inside Sales Rep (ISR), you will be tasked with helping increase sales by developing new customer contacts, setting up meetings, and making calls or sending emails to prospective customers to drive interest in the services we offer.
Sheridan Electric's success is based upon our ability to offer a one-stop, full-service solution for simple or complex projects for the industrial sector. Our many satisfied customers include leading companies in the Food & Beverage, Water & Wastewater, Material Handling, Data Center, Waste & Recycling and Pharmaceutical industries.
Key Tasks Include:
- Sales and Account Development: Present and sell Sheridan Electric's services to current and potential clients by preparing action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and sales prospects.
- Scan for new prospective customers and customer contacts that match Sheridan Electric's service offerings, and input these into Salesforce.
- Reach out through email and phone call to introduce Sheridan Electric and our service offerings to contacts.
- Arrange meetings for Project Managers and Outside Sales team.
- Research, develop, and input into Salesforce new key contacts for existing Sheridan customers. Set up meetings with these new contacts for Project Managers and Outside Sales team.
- 7-10 (minimum) calls per day to new prospects.
- 5-7 (minimum) calls per day to existing customers.
- Visit job sites frequently to take pictures and gain insight about current jobs.
- Send out marketing materials (sales info, brochures, etc.) to customers.
- Regularly update social media.
- Develop and use new marketing materials (Web blasts, sell sheets, job updates, etc.) to increase brand awareness among existing and prospective customers.
- Produce and send weekly sales reports to Project Managers and Outside Sales team.
- Assist with any special projects as they develop.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 1-2 years of proven sales experience, including cold calling and prospecting.
- Experience presenting company portfolio to clients either online, in person, or on the phone.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Experience working with CRM such as Salesforce would be an asset.
- Photo editing and design software experience would be an asset.
- College diploma or other postsecondary education.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience with social media management including blogs, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Event planning experience would be an asset.
- Ability to adapt to various tasks and multitask accordingly.
- Any industry knowledge or familiarity with electrical contracting, industrial automation construction, or construction in general, would be an asset.
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills in the areas of:
- Direct sales
- Problem-solving & innovation
- Collaboration & communication
This is a career position with a comprehensive total compensation package including company-paid benefits, deferred profit-sharing plan and support for professional development.
We thank all interested candidates; but only those candidates who qualify will be contacted for an interview. Sheridan Electric is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing diversity and accommodation for applicants upon request, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
(Please, no phone calls or recruiters.)