Date Posted: 04/14/2021
Req ID: 3634
Faculty/Division: School of Management
Department: Joseph L. Rotman School of Management
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
The Rotman School of Management is part of the University of Toronto, a global centre of research and academic excellence at the heart of Canada's commercial and financial capital. Rotman is a catalyst for transformative learning, insights and public engagement, bringing together diverse views and initiatives around a defining purpose: to create value for business and society. We make a fundamental promise
- Here's where it changes
- to our students, our partners and the broader community. Everyone at Rotman, faculty and staff, plays a role in bringing that promise to life.
Central Marketing oversees school-wide marketing and branding initiatives, providing services, tools, templates and support for all business units to promote a consistent outward expression of the brand. Services include: marketing communications consulting, brand development, graphic design, website management, social media management, market research, advertising, promotional items, print brochure creation, photography and video creation. Central Marketing is part of the Strategic Communications Department of the School.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and as part of the Marketing department's creative team, the Communications- New Media/ Web Officer will be responsible for developing, managing, creating and expanding digital media content and web-based tools to enhance Rotman's on-line presence. This position will support and enhance the Rotman brand within an established framework (websites, social media, digital advertising, blogs, etc.) while researching and recommending improvements and new technologies. The position is responsible for implementing best practices for usability, AODA compliance, and search engine optimization throughout the School's digital presence as well as to analyze metrics to identify trends. They will act as the new and digital media expert advising on optimal use of various tools to further the goals of various internal programs, institutes, and academic areas. As these tools are deployed they will resolve minor content and technical errors, and refer larger issues to IT when appropriate, following up to ensure technical issues are resolved. They will recommend options for the development of the visual expression/layout of digital assets and produce those assets as well as other promotional and outreach materials ensuring consistency with brand standards. The Officer will be responsible for implementing projects against pre-defined marketing and communications strategies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implementing digital communication plans across a broad range of marketing/communication channels
- Analyzing and recommending options for the development of visual expression/layout of digital assets
- Maintaining information on digital platforms
- Creating and maintaining presence on social media platforms
- Verifying that all digital communication collateral adheres to visual identity standards and brand style guides.
- Assessing, selecting and implementing search engine optimization techniques.
- Customizing website according to objectives or user feedback.
- Coordinating website updates and ensuring technical issues are resolved.
- Bachelor's Degree plus Post Graduate Certificate or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in integrated marketing or communications
- Experience with and knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with on-line marketing and major social media platforms is also required
- Experience producing promotional and outreach materials.
- Familiarity with Sitecore and/or other CMS platforms, like Wordpress
- Knowledge of graphic design, including use of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Professional)
- Proven track record of implementing digital communication plans across a broad range of marketing/communication channels
- Use of email newsletter software, like MailPoet (offered through Wordpress)
- Knowledge of AODA, or WCAG legislation
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, and Campaign URL Builder
- Experience in developing strong client relationships based on trust and mutual respect.
- Experience collecting digital assets for a media library to support online platform use
- Strong communication (verbal and written), research and presentation skills
- Must be a strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills who can also work independently to meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Must be well-informed on technological advancements that enhance marketing/communication objectives
- Ability to liaise with IT support staff to explain and resolve technical problems as they arise
- Ability to serve as a resource to others by providing job-related guidance
- Ability to code HTML 5
- Experience working with Salesforce CRM/Marketing Cloud
- Experience using Siteimprove analytics software
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Motivated self-learner
This is a 6 month term opportunity covering a maternity leave.
Closing Date: 04/25/2021, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 12
- $69,730 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $89,172. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Communication/Media/Public Relations
Recruiter: Dane Williams