About the job
Secret Location's Immersive Content Studio is reshaping the entertainment industry by blending technology with storytelling and experience design to deliver innovative content to audiences in the location-based entertainment and VR home markets.
We have been developing and distributing content on new platforms for more than 10 years, with over 250 awards and nominations for the team's work. These honours include the first Primetime Emmy Award in VR for our Sleepy Hollow VR Experience, and several critically claimed games for the VR home market, including Blasters of the Universe and Transpose. Most recently, our VR short film, The Great C, won the Positron Visionary Award at the 2020 Cannes XR Festival.
Are you a gaming enthusiast and are active on social media and Discord? Are you excited about Virtual Reality gaming? Maybe you are a content creator or a community manager for an existing game property.
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you!
Secret Location's VR gaming division is looking for a Community Manager for a NEW multiplayer multiplayer competitive action game to help find, build and grow our player base. You will own the social media content plan, coordinate all game announcements, and set up live streams and other events.
Why would you want to work with us?
Because this role gives you the opportunity to work with some of the world's biggest toy brands, while working in the exciting growing field of VR gaming!
Did you know that Secret Location is part of the Hasbro family? Yeah, it's that Hasbro, the global toy company. So, when we say that you'll be getting to work with some really fun brands, you'll know what we mean. These are the brands that a lot of us have grown up playing with. Brands you still may have lurking beneath a sofa cushion or two.
What you'll be working on:
You will support the overall marketing strategy and work closely with the development and marketing teams. You will be responsible for the social media content calendar, building a strong relationship with our player base, sharing development progress, and improving developer/community relations. You will be the voice of our fans!
- Community Management Responsibilities
- Outreach Responsibilities
- Brand Marketing Responsibilities
To be developed and executed in collaboration with the Marketing Manager
- Create content and manage the development of social and marketing assets (screenshots, videos, gifs, etc.)
- Plan and execute website updates, write copy for blogs, forums, FAQ and social media.
Qualifications and professional experience:
- Strong, positive personality with a highly independent work ethic
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of video games, solid gaming skills. Ambition and passion for VR games are essential.
- 1-2 years of professional experience in video game community relations, with a firm understanding of the full community management mix.
- A deep understanding of community channels such as Discord, Twitter and Reddit, as well as best practices for tools available through these apps and forusm.
- Writing and content creation chops
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Experience with creating and following content schedules
- Familiarity with image editing software
- Familiarity with live streaming software
- Knowledge of photoshop, or other design software
- Video editing skills
- Experience with game server moderation
- Experience playing or working with shooter or similar action games
- And engaging on-camera personality (Youtube, Twitch)
- Event management experience
- One Year (potential to extend)
This role is a mix of part-time and full time:
- 20 hours a week for the first six months
- 40 hours a week starting December 1st, 2021
Secret Location is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to supporting diversity and inclusion within our work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.