Assigned to a list of named customers, the Strategic Account Manager (SAM) is responsible for achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives. The SAM maintains and expands relationships with strategically important large customers. The SAM represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers' needs and expectations are met.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned accounts.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers' expectations.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary support staff.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures:
- Achieves assigned sales quota in designated strategic accounts.
- Meets assigned expectations for profitability.
- Achieves strategic customer objectives defined by company management.
- Completes strategic customer account plans that meet company standards.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Enlists the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed.
- Closely coordinates company executive involvement with customer management.
- Works closely with Customer Service to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resoluation. Qualifications:
Skills / Experience:
- Minimum of five years of strategic/major accounts sales experience in a business-to business sales environment.
- University degree from an accredited institution.
- Commercial print and/or packaging industry experience is a strong asset.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills (verbal, written, and presentation) as well as well developed interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and an effective problem solver.
- Extensive travel required within Western Provinces.