Territory Sales Manager
- Hamilton & Niagara
Hamilton, ON, Canada Niagara Falls, ON, Canada Req #509
Thursday, April 15, 2021
Since the legalization of recreational Cannabis in October 2018, HEXO Corp has experienced incredible growth. As one of Canada's top Cannabis companies, we continue to advance in this exciting new industry along with the incredibly talented people we have working on the team.
HEXO Corp creates globally trusted brands of easy-to-use and easy-to-understand cannabis products. HEXO Corp is a serious, business-oriented and socially responsible organization that is building dynamic teams of professionals that aren't afraid to step outside of their role, try new things and challenge the status quo.
If you are excited to take on a new challenge and are open to getting out of your comfort zone, we're looking for people like you to join the HEXO Corp family.
Responsible for maximizing volume and share and to enhance the company's position for future growth through sales to retail chains and independent accounts in the territory. The Territory Sales Manager will be responsible for achievement of sales volume, maximizing inventory turns and educating retailers and consumers from their territory. Critical to the success of the role is the management and development of relationships with the retailers responsible for Cannabis distribution to ensure corporate objectives are achieved.
The Territory Sales Manager will report directly to the Regional Director of Sales.
- Develop strong, long-term relationships with independent retail account personnel.
- Achieve sales, distribution and market share objectives in the territory.
- Build presentations and use effective selling techniques to introduce products, features and benefits and educate store staff.
- Organize and lead cluster training educational seminars with retail partners.
- Act as brand ambassador to store staff and consumers to increase Up Cannabis brand awareness
- Utilize CRM software to keep accurate records for contact management and use best practices for route planning, call frequency and tracking performance against objective.
- Use CRM and other available data to analyse own, competitor and market results and employ fact-based selling techniques with independent retail accounts.
- Leverage marketing presentations and tools, and use effective selling techniques to introduce products, features and benefits and educate store staff.
- Negotiate and activate merchandising programs for retail partners.
- Participate in provincial trade shows.
- Manage independent retail account expectations regarding inventory.
- Communicate inventory requirements or any watch-outs to the Director of Sales.
- Responsible to update Director of Sales for activities and results in the territory.
- Works closely with Sales
- Demand Planning- Marketing
- Manage relationships with independent retail accounts
- Train and educate the retail staff personnel
- Achieve sales and distribution targets
- Increase Up Cannabis brand awareness and visibility
- Keep accurate records on the account, the decision makers and key relationships
- Set up and manage cluster-training sessions with independent retail accounts
- Make field calls and tracking activities in each account
- Prepare and submit weekly reporting to management summarizing results against objectives
- Gather, analyze and validate data
- Track and report on inventory (own and competitive)
- Review competitive education, merchandising, promotional activity and sales
- Report on retailers as applicable
- Monitor and track performance to objectives
- Analyze sales activities, market conditions and competitive pricing
- Review available competitive data and utilize to company advantage
- Make recommendations and updates to Director of Sales on local activity in the space
- Make decisions and formulate sales strategies to improve company position in independent retail accounts
- Manage promotional expenses for the territory
- Work with the Director of Sales to ensure best practices are utilized and all engagement activities are within company and provincial guidelines
A Territory Sales Manager that can train and educate the independent retail accounts and maximize our sales and distribution in order to achieve our corporate objectives while working effectively within corporate guidelines and as an effective member of the provincial sales team.
Strong collaboration among sales team which will lead to effective knowledge sharing and an optimal consensus on how best to direct our promotional and merchandising resources.
Execute with excellence. Be a part of a winning team by adopting effective sales strategies and using informed and accurate tracking with an eye on the competitive set and the territory as a whole.
Required Education / Experience / Specific Job-related Skills
Years of Experience: A minimum of 5 years of Territory Sales Management, Brand Ambassador or Brand Education/Training experience in the industry with preference given to those from heavily regulated industries like beverage alcohol, tobacco and pharma.
- Commerce, Business or Marketing or Natural Sciences
Licenses/Certificates: Drivers license required.
Demonstrated proficiency in building and managing relationships through multiple communication mediums. A strong background in sales, education or training, and presentation execution is key.
Experienced with other software packages including Windows, and Microsoft Office. This position requires strong communication, presentation and organizational skills. Strong interpersonal skills are also essential.
HEXO Corp. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, or genetic information and encourages applications from all minority groups.