Marketing & Communications Programs Director
Ottawa, ON, Canada Req #556
Thursday, April 15, 2021
Since the legalization of recreational Cannabis in October 2018, HEXO Corp has experienced incredible growth. As one of Canada's top Cannabis companies, we continue to advance in this exciting new industry along with the incredibly talented people we have working on the team.
HEXO Corp creates globally trusted brands of easy-to-use and easy-to-understand cannabis products. HEXO Corp is a serious, business-oriented and socially responsible organization that is building dynamic teams of professionals that aren't afraid to step outside of their role, try new things and challenge the status quo.
If you are excited to take on a new challenge and are open to getting out of your comfort zone, we're looking for people like you to join the HEXO Corp family.
HEXO is seeking an experienced, dynamic professional to manage a wide range of corporate marketing and communications programs, including HEXO's emerging environmental, social and governance (ESG) program to drive positive environmental and social impact. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Marketing, and working closely with internal and external stakeholders, you'll work to raise our brand profile with investors, stakeholders, retailers, and consumers, using your natural gifts of persuasion and enthusiasm to generate excitement and engagement in the programs you lead.
- Oversee the development and execution of HEXO's ESG programs, working in partnership with our external agency and other internal/external resources including C-level leadership, Board members, and internal subject matter experts.
- Develop key sustainability metrics and internal recommendations for our ESG efforts.
- Conduct periodic environmental scans of the ESG landscape to guide the ongoing evolution of HEXO's CSR/ESG strategy.
- Work with external and internal resources to manage regular reports on our performance.
- Present to the senior leadership team and Board of Directors on proposed initiatives, program status, and results.
- Champion a culture of doing the right thing for our people, our shareholders, our consumers, our community and our planet.
- Outside of ESG, lead the development and execution of marketing and communications strategies and programs to meet corporate objectives.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to ensure flawless execution on time and on budget.
- Develop positioning, messaging, and detailed project plans, as well as creative briefs.
- Aid in content development as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- 10+ years of progressive experience in marketing, communications, and/or public/investor relations. Demonstrated passion for sustainability and social responsibility an asset.
- Undergraduate degree in Communication and Marketing or relevant discipline.
- Strong writer who excels at crafting creative and compelling stories.
- Highly organized and skilled project manager.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to develop and deliver dynamic and persuasive presentations.
- Action-oriented and a natural problem solver who consistently exhibits sound judgment, a can-do attitude, and proven ability to think outside the box.
- High degree of personal ethics, integrity and responsibility in dealing with sensitive issues and confidential information.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
HEXO Corp. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, or genetic information and encourages applications from all minority groups.