Find a job that lets your imagination run wild!
WildBrain is made up of a team of innovators and creators who bring industry-leading kids' content and brands to families globally. We inspire imagination, put creativity first, and believe in the power of storytelling. We are constantly connecting the powers of our global team, making WildBrain a collaborative, openminded and passionate environment to work in.
To work at WildBrain means you get to create stories that lets imaginations run wild. Join our team today to become part of the story! Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Internal Communications, the Communications Specialist (12-13 Month Mat Leave) supports the development, planning, and execution of employee communications programs, engagement initiatives and corporate social media content. The successful candidate has impeccable writing skills and acts as a liaison for internal stakeholders across WildBrain's global business, developing and managing the distribution of strategic internal messages across the company's internal channels.
What You'll Do:
- Support the Director, Internal Communications to develop and deliver the internal communications program, ensuring the company's internal voice is consistent and present throughout all communications materials and initiatives.
- Draft compelling internal communications content for multiple audiences using impeccable writing and editing skills.
- Act as primary owner of the The Hub, WildBrain's global intranet portal, by liaising with Business Units to create original and engaging content, ensure all materials are relevant, and distribute updates company-wide on a weekly basis.
- Support the development, planning and execution of local and global internal communications events (diversity and inclusion, wellness, recognition, etc.) to enhance employee engagement.
- Oversee daily social media management (Twitter, LinkedIn, and GlassDoor), including content creation to enhance WildBrain's recruitment marketing strategy, actively monitor audience interactions, and report on engagement.
- Identify opportunities to implement new communications approaches or to improve existing methods on both a local and global level.
What You'll Bring:
- 2-3 years in a communications role
- Post-secondary degree or college diploma in communications, journalism or public relations, or relevant experience
- Exceptional written communications skills including editing, proofreading and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to build relationships with multiple stakeholders, including interacting with executives
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and while managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Solutions oriented, flexible and adaptive to change
- Demonstrated good judgment, tact and discretion when dealing with confidential and highly sensitive information
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and social content development practices
- Keen desire to learn and take on new challenges
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with basic Photoshop skills
What We Offer:
Working at WildBrain is more than a job
- it's the opportunity to join forces with extraordinary, insightful and imaginative people who will recognize your talents and encourage your professional growth and development in a work environment that promotes creativity and individuality. We offer competitive family-focused benefits, we invest in our people and their future with RRSP matching, plus bonus time-off, because you deserve it!
WildBrain provides an atmosphere free from barriers in order to promote inclusion, equity and diversity. We celebrate and welcome the diversity of all employees, stakeholders and external partners. WildBrain fosters an environment that respects people's dignity, ideas and beliefs, thereby ensuring equity and diversity in employment. We demonstrate our commitment to this by providing a supportive work environment and a corporate culture that welcomes and encourages equal opportunities for all employees. WildBrain accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
At WildBrain we make great content for kids and families. With approximately 13,000 half-hours of filmed entertainment in our library
- one of the world's most extensive
- we are home to such brands as Peanuts, Teletubbies, Strawberry Shortcake, Caillou, Inspector Gadget, Johnny Test and Degrassi. Our shows are seen in more than 150 countries on over 500 telecasters and streaming platforms. WildBrain's portfolio spans all areas of the entertainment industry: WildBrain Studios, where we develop and produce hit animated and live actions series; WildBrain Television, which is composed of prominent kids' television channels in Canada (Family Channel, Family CHRGD, Family Jr. and Télémagino); home to Peanuts Worldwide; brand management to some of the world's most-loved kids brands; celebrated global licensing and distribution teams with WildBrain CPLG, and a leading children's YouTube network in WildBrain Spark, one of the largest networks of kids' channels on YouTube, with over 168 million subscribers.
WildBrain is headquartered in Canada with offices worldwide and trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: WILD). Visit wildbrain.com to learn more!