In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
The Manager, Community Health Services, is responsible for all aspects of planning, organizing and directing the delivery of community health services in the geographic area.
The Manager is a key leader within the Geographic area portfolio. This position provides leadership in the delivery of client care with a focus on coordination and integration of services across the geographic area. It ensures a program-wide perspective in access to care and allocation of resources. Manages, directly and through delegation, the professional and clinical practice of staff, the quality of care and ensures departmental policies and procedures comply with professional, legal, and Island Health standards.
Education, Training And Experience
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a BSN or a degree in a relevant health discipline. Masters degree preferred. Seven (7) years health care experience including several years at the supervisory/management level.
Skills And Abilities
- Ability to integrate administrative, professional and operational aspects of the program in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to develop an environment where quality improvement principles are embraced and used on a continuous basis.
- Ability to lead and manage, to motivate, delegate and operate in both structured and unstructured situations.
- Strong planning skills, strategic and operational.
- Ability to work with delegates to provide program services at multiple sites in a regional setting.