Content & Social Media Specialist
Calgary, AB, Canada Edmonton, AB, Canada Toronto, ON, Canada Vancouver, BC, Canada Winnipeg, MB, Canada Req #13
Thursday, April 15, 2021
We know what it means to put the customer first-our business is built upon a tradition of exceptional, individualized customer service. Our employees experience the excitement and satisfaction that comes from working for a successful, expanding company where every employee makes a difference and where initiative and hard work are valued and rewarded. We are confident that if you choose to work at ROBINSON, you will be taking your first steps towards a challenging, profitable, and satisfying career.
At ROBINSON, our mission is to make the selection and purchasing of products an easy, enjoyable experience for the customer
- adding value at every interaction. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Content & Social Media Specialist will support our mission by being responsible for creating content to support both of our brands across all communications.
What you will do:
- Support the development and execution of our content marketing strategy with the goals of attracting prospective clients, growing and engaging our followers, driving website traffic and identifying and converting qualified leads.
- Create, implement (schedule) and promote content
- including blogs, email, social media, ads and websites for both of our brands.
- Act as social media lead on primary channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Google My Business, engaging with thought leaders and influencers, as well as responding to customer inquiries and reviews.
- Translate information and ideas into fresh, compelling concepts and on-strategy and on-brand marketing materials.
- Write and proofread content for integrated marketing communications across a variety of channels.
- Ensure voice and tone stay on-brand and consistent across all platforms and communications.
- Ensure all content is optimized across all platforms and user experiences (web, mobile, social, etc.)
- You have an undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, English/linguistics or related field, and four or more years' related content & social media experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience.)
- You have a solid understanding of marketing and the role content plays within marketing and promotional strategies.
- You thrive creating content for email, SEO and social media and stay up to date on trends and best practices.
- You are someone who takes initiative while demonstrating excellent judgment and a keen awareness of how your work connects with other areas of the organization and the community at large.
- You possess a high degree of conceptual creativity and verbal polish, and consider yourself a natural storyteller.
- Your understanding of the customer experience and journey is at the forefront when approaching projects.
- You are passionate about creating content and learning, regardless of the subject matter.
- You possess professional writing and editing skills working with multiple brands with solid knowledge of English grammar rules.
- You are able to manage priorities and deliver on timelines, able to handle quick turnarounds without sacrificing quality.
- You are well organized and have an existing personal system(s) in place for note-keeping and deadline/task management.
- You have a solid understanding of social networks and experience in creating, maintaining and growing engagement for brands within the social space.
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and have the ability to quickly learn new applications.
ROBINSON offers competitive total rewards program including benefits and retirement savings plans, profit sharing program, employee sabbatical program and product purchase plans.
Family-owned ROBINSON is a leading Canadian distributor of plumbing, heating, electrical, and lighting products. Today, the company serves customers in the construction industry and retail home improvement markets through a network of 32 distribution warehouses and showrooms in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario. ROBINSON's reputation as a growing company with a customer-service oriented culture continues to attract and retain top quality people and has earned it Platinum status among Canada's Best Managed Companies.
Thank you to all interested candidates, those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ROBINSON is committed to a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace. We strive to foster an environment for all employees that respects our differences, is inclusive and ensures all employees receive fair and equitable treatment.