POSITION TITLE: Foodservice Sales Representative
Department/Agency: Affinity Group Canada
Region: British Columbia
Territory: Vancouver Area
Reports to: Sales Manager
Anticipated Start Date: April 30, 2021
Affinity Group Canada is a well established successful and growing company that prides itself on being one of the premier food brokers in Canada. Since 1989, our success has been driven by the number of industry leading food manufacturers that we represent. We pride ourselves on having a dedicated sales team, strong customer service orientation, extensive product knowledge and a professional, challenging and rewarding work environment.
SUMMARY: The Affinity Group Foodservice Sales Representative is responsible for planning and executing a customized sales strategy for their assigned operator accounts. This position is deeply knowledgeable with accounts and builds and maintains close relationships with decision makers and the Chefs at all assigned operators.
Main goal is to secure new product placement at assigned accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Calling on independent restaurant operations and demonstrating product, develop and present new & existing menu items.
- Understands each of the following for their strategic accounts: menu rotations, demographics and trends, desired cost structure in each segment of the menu, opportunities to penetrate or convert items, training and education of products, and multiple uses for products.
- Maintains and develops a portfolio of priority and assigned accounts through in-person field sales calls.
- Stays up-to-date and knowledgeable about the assigned operators in their territory and acts as a resource and solution provider for their customers.
- Fosters continuous development and growth of priority operator accounts.
- Assists with vendor fairs, distributor sales meetings, food shows and industry trade events.
- Ensures continuous client product knowledge and training.
- Troubleshoots and responds to product complaints.
- Attends and provides support at manufacturer/distributor training events.
- Works closely with the entire sales force and openly discusses go to market strategies, competitive reconnaissance, successes, and challenges.
- Maintains an up to date profile of each customer; utilizes the CRM system weekly to report on sales call activity, updates and follow ups, in addition to customer profile management.
- Can cook food products and put menu combinations together to aid in the sale process.
- Achieve sales projections and targets
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidates must possess the following Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 2 years culinary experience
- College or University preferred
- Experience working with Foodservice Distributors
- Ability to execute and follow through a sales plan.
- A positive, professional, and proactive attitude.
- Strong communication skills.
- Adept at building trust and credibility
- Planning and organizational skills
- Works well with teams and has strong motivational skills
- Strong problem solving and strategic planning skills
- Using the CRM System daily
- Call Reporting in CRM System
- Must have a valid driver's license and a car
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions :
- Candidate must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Work may be performed in an office, warehouse or restaurant environment.
- Stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb.
- May have possible exposure to dust and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds.
- Flexible work hours to accommodate demands of position (some weekends included)
- May require travel up to 80% of the time within territory and overnights may be required