Under the general direction of the Branch Manager, this position supports the growth of the branch business by driving profitable sales growth and customer service through understanding.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interact, respond and follow up with customers on a daily basis, promptly responding to all inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner
- Sell a diversified line of products over-the-counter promoting Private Brands, Technical Services and ecommerce channels whenever possible and be able to provide an understanding of the AGI Value Proposition to customers.
- Contribute proactively to improvements in branch profitability and product Gross Margin.
- Processing customer orders through the computer system, ensuring accuracy and prompt delivery
- Maintain a well-rounded knowledge of products sold including the completion of the required training programs.
- Promote Company products and services to customers and provide substitutions where required
- Adhere to the 5S program and take an active role in the branch's cleanliness and maintenance
- Maintain knowledge and ensure compliance of safety policies and procedures of Occupational Health & Safety Act, WHMIS, Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act, and all related governing legislation
- Other branch support related duties including but not limited to supporting the warehouse functions as required
- May take and respond to emergency customer calls after hours and able to work extended hours including evenings and weekends as required.
- Provides a differentiated customer experience in order to solve problems and ensure customer retention and satisfaction.
- Assists in driving the achievement of key operational metrics in the areas of customer satisfaction, sales, safety, and operational improvements by utilizing available tools and reporting.
- Utilizes sound judgment and best practices to resolve complex customer concerns.
- Service the customer's specific needs. May include but not limited to Vendor Managed Inventory, Nexiant unit replenishment etc.
- May Participate in Continuous Improvement (CI) Team meetings and CI on-site initiatives as required.
- Call on customer personnel/locations as agreed and identified by the customer and Manager
- Observe all aspects of the customer's operations looking for opportunities that will assist the customer and AGI in meeting the agreed goals of the relationship
- Other duties and responsibilities as required for the position
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and personal commitment to get the job done
- Demonstrated focus on ?wowing? the customer with exceptional service
- Team-player and an ability to work independently
- Knowledge of industrial and/or safety products is preferred
- Superior interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills to effectively build relationships
- Strong communication skills, ability to convey message in an organized, clear and effective manner
- A self starter, taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with proven ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- Proficient computer skills and aptitude
- Knowledge of dangerous goods and WHMIS regulations is required
- Possession of a valid driver's license and a reliable vehicle (if driving required)
- Completion of High School Diploma at a minimum and Post Secondary education or equivalent work experience
- Position reports to a Branch Manager
- Able to work in a fast paced changing environment.
- Significant daily interaction with team members, managers, customers, and local sellers.
- Work is performed in an showroom or warehouse environment with a moderate noise level and frequent distractions. Mutiple Customer site locations
- Majority of time is spent standing and walking.
- Physical requirements may include reaching, grasping, climbing, standing and bending. Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds, unassisted and heavier loads with assistance.
- Regular use of computer, keyboard and mouse.
- This team member will partner with customers, vendors and contractors.
- Fosters open communication between all internal business partners including Sales, , Contact Centers, Distribution Centre, EH&S and On-Site Services teams.
- Support the sales team through up selling, service, pricing, delivery and inventory inquiries.
- Contribute to and build strong community relationships.
Grainger strives to be an employer of choice, to attract and retain top diverse talent, and to provide a safe and positive work environment for all of its team members. As part of Grainger hiring process, pre-employment background checks will be required for all external candidates. Internal candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check when they move from a non-driving role to a driving role and/or a director role and above position.
In accordance with Performance Excellence guidelines, team members are encouraged to apply for positions closely matching their experience/background and that are aligned with their Individual Development Plan. Grainger is committed to the principles and practices of employment equity. We invite all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples to apply for our career opportunities. Accommodations are available on request for all persons with disabilities taking part in the selection process.