Hey, we're Article. We're a digital-first furniture brand that's working to make everyday living better by providing an easy way for people to furnish their space. We don't have brick-and-mortar stores, so we're able to deliver better value on beautiful modern furniture. Recently named one of Canada's fastest growing companies for the second year in a row, we're on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members to join us at our headquarters in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia.
We are currently looking to hire Graphic Designers for two teams:
Social Media Team:
Key responsibilities include working closely with our Art Director, Social Media to design and storyboard creative ads for social platforms, collaborating with our Video team to craft compelling video and motion graphics for ads, and playing a lead role in curating photo content for our advertising channels. Organizational skills and the ability to juggle priorities and quickly switch between projects are a must. You have a deep understanding of social media platforms and digital advertising strategies and a strong ?Test and Learn? mindset. Advertising experience is preferred, either in an agency or in-house setting.
Key responsibilities include working closely with our Art Director, Ecommerce to design and produce our merchandising and campaign web experiences, develop weekly newsletters, maintain asset/template libraries and play a key role in bringing our creative vision to life through digital channels. You have a deep understanding of web best practices, is highly organized, possesses a keen sense of design, and is up to date with current web, UX, and email marketing trends. Experience designing digital experiences for a lifestyle or DTC brand is preferred. Proficiency in Figma or Sketch is an asset.
Wondering what a day in the life of a Graphic Designer at Article looks like?
What you'll be doing:
- Reporting to the Art Director to produce assets across a range of channels
- Ensuring all content meets brand style guidelines, and advocating for best practices
- Presenting your work to key stakeholders, being responsive to design changes, and being innovative in your approach
- Providing and receiving feedback with other team members
- Contribute creative ideas towards team brainstorm sessions
- Ensuring all files are prepared and production-ready in a variety of digital mediums and formats
- Following Article brand standards to format type across channels
- Work with marketing team to optimize creative outputs
- Working with the Art Director and other team members to innovate and find new creative ways to express the Article brand
- Assisting with other Creative team projects as required
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Highly creative, collaborative, and self-motivated
- 3+ years of experience as a graphic designer either in-house or in an agency setting
- Excellent graphic design and typography skills
- Proficient in self-editing graphic design work (accuracy in creative placement, spelling, grammar, formatting, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud programs
- Ability to work within brand guidelines
- Proficient skills in illustration and icon crafting
- Strong concepting and storyboarding abilities
- Proficient in motion graphics and simple animations
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to create and communicate concepts to a team
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- Awareness and interest in the design community
- Passion for and understanding of the interiors industry, industrial design, or decoration is a big plus
At Article, we believe in an ?Ownership Mindset? where you'll be given autonomy and the ability to own your work. Beyond a competitive salary:
- We reward that ownership mindset, so we offer stock options after one year of employment
- With our fast growth, we have a culture of curiosity, where learning happens on the fly
- and while having a lot of fun
- Access to dental and health benefits package plus a health/lifestyle spending account for your total physical and mental well-being
- 45% discount on our products so you can experience first-hand why our customers love Article
- Your choice of state-of-the-art laptops with the tech and tools to easily collaborate
Most HQ employees are working from home due to COVID-19. When it's safe to return to the office, we have flexible solutions if you want to be in the office a lot, sometimes, or not at all.
When our office is safe to reopen, you'll love that:
- The Article HQ is a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, an open kitchen filled with snacks, premium coffees and teas (and ALL the milks).
- A dog-friendly office. We love our dog friends here at Article. If you have a well-behaved, well-socialized pup, we'd love to have them in the office too.
- Onsite fitness equipment, change rooms (including towel service!) and bike storage
- Regular extra-curricular activities, such as socials, open-mics, picnics... even cross-country skiing! For now, we've replaced them with creative virtual events for the time being
- like virtual trivia night or a cooking class through Zoom!
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you
Article is the easiest way to create a beautiful modern space.
Article started from a desire to improve efficiency and make furniture less expensive for everyone. In 2014 we had 4 employees; now we have over 700 and have been growing at about 50% yearly.
Our office and warehouse space has grown from under 15,000 sq ft to over 1,200,000 sq ft, and our yearly revenue has grown to match.
Our head office is based in Vancouver, Canada, an office in Ho Chi Minh City, and warehouses in Seattle, Los Angles, San Fransisco, Jacksonville, Austin, Dallas, Portland, Houston, Denver, Baltimore, Toronto, Boston, and New Jersey.