Hey there, we're Article. We're a digital-first furniture brand that's working to make everyday living better by providing an easy way for people to furnish their space. We don't have brick-and-mortar stores, so we're able to deliver better value on beautiful modern furniture. We've ranked as one of Canada's Fastest-Growing Companies for the last three years, and we're on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members who want to solve meaningful problems in pursuit of being remarkably better for our customers.
We're looking for a Graphic Designer to help elevate the Article experience on our branding and Internal Communications projects. Key responsibilities include working closely with our Sr. Art Director, Brand in partnership with our Internal Comms and Warehousing teams to develop and design all internal brand experiences and collateral, as well as playing a key role in bringing our creative vision to life through the application of our brand guidelines.
Organizational skills and the ability to juggle priorities and quickly switch between projects are a must. If you're interested, please apply with a sample of work or a link to your portfolio.
Wondering what a day in the life of a Graphic Designer, Brand and Internal Communications at Article looks like?
What you'll be doing:
- Working with our Sr. Art Director, Brand to produce branded material across a variety of online and offline channel touch points, ensuring all content meets brand style guidelines, best practices, mediums, and formats
- Ensuring all content meets brand style guidelines, and advocating for best practices
- Assisting with the build out our brand design system, standards, brand books, and department-specific resources
- Graphic design and brand support for the Article Delivery Team (ADT), office locations, and warehouse initiatives. Aligning with Operations and team stakeholders to aid in the ADT / Warehouse Playbook Standards, and contributing to the Office Branding Visual System
- Attending periodic alignment meetings with Brand Marketing stakeholders on continued channel improvements and evolution of channel best practices
- Aligning with our UX team on contributions towards our digital design system for shareability and scalability
- Building out and maintaining our suite of internal branded Google documents for interdepartmental use
- Aligning with the creative team stakeholders to architect the brand asset library for our continued internal and external branding needs (Google Shared Drive, DAM and Server Integration. All branding assets classified and catalogued)
- Presenting your work to key stakeholders, being responsive to design changes, and being innovative in your approach
- Assist with the build-out of the Article Illustration Visual Language: how it applies from digital to print and internal to external touchpoints. This includes illustrative standards, classifications, and catalogued file formats for creative team distribution
- General graphic design/brand support for company initiatives
- General creative team assistance when needs arise
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Graphic Design Degree from an accredited institution
- 5 years experience as a graphic designer with a focus on brand design
- Strong understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud programs, particularly Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop. Informed experience with Sketch and Figma
- Keen insight into distinctive brand assets, brand systems and how to build and maintain a brand across multiple channel touchpoints
- Exhibit an extremely high level of attention to detail and quality, and a desire to design for a modern, progressive, and distinctive brand
- Excellent graphic design and typographic skills
- Accomplished illustration and vector work adeptness. Understanding of SVG file output best practices
- Exceptional problem-solving skills. Strong conceptual thinker that seeks opportunities for continuous improvement processes and evolution of creative
- Competent communication skills. Ability to create and communicate concepts to a team
- Exceptional organizational, time management and multitasking skills
- the ability to be self-directed and work independently
- Proficient skills and experience with both digital outputs and printing and prepress best practices
- Interest in home decor and/or interiors is an asset
- Strong understanding of Google Shared Workspace is an asset
- Animation and motion graphics proficiency is an asset
At Article, we believe in an ?Ownership Mindset? where you'll be given autonomy and the ability to own your work. Beyond a competitive salary:
- We reward that ownership mindset, so we offer stock options after one year of employment
- With our fast growth, we have a culture of curiosity, where learning happens on the fly
- and while having a lot of fun
- Access to dental and health benefits package plus a health/lifestyle spending account for your total physical and mental well-being
- 45% discount on our products so you can experience first-hand why our customers love Article
- Your choice of state-of-the-art laptops with the tech and tools to easily collaborate
Most HQ employees are working from home due to COVID-19. When it's safe to return to the office, we have flexible solutions if you want to be in the office a lot, sometimes, or not at all.
When our office is safe to reopen, you'll love that:
- The Article HQ is a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, an open kitchen filled with snacks, premium coffees and teas (and ALL the milks).
- A dog-friendly office. We love our dog friends here at Article. If you have a well-behaved, well-socialized pup, we'd love to have them in the office too.
- Onsite fitness equipment, change rooms (including towel service!) and bike storage
- Regular extra-curricular activities, such as socials, open-mics, picnics... even cross-country skiing! For now, we've replaced them with creative virtual events for the time being
- like virtual trivia night or a cooking class through Zoom!
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you.
Article is the easiest way to create a beautiful modern space.
Article started from a desire to improve efficiency and make furniture less expensive for everyone. In 2014 we had 4 employees; now we have over 700 and have been growing at about 50% yearly.
Our office and warehouse space has grown from under 15,000 sq ft to over 1,200,000 sq ft, and our yearly revenue has grown to match.
Our head office is based in Vancouver, Canada, an office in Ho Chi Minh City, and warehouses in Seattle, Los Angles, San Fransisco, Jacksonville, Austin, Dallas, Portland, Houston, Denver, Baltimore, Toronto, Boston, and New Jersey.