Hey there, we're Article. We're a digital-first furniture brand that's working to make everyday living better by providing an easy way for people to furnish their space. We don't have brick-and-mortar stores, so we're able to deliver better value on beautiful modern furniture. We've ranked as one of Canada's Fastest-Growing Companies for the last three years, and we're on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members who want to solve meaningful problems in pursuit of being remarkably better for our customers.
We're looking for a Graphic Designer to help elevate the Article experience on our product collateral and branding projects. Key responsibilities include working closely with our Sr. Art Director, Brand in partnership with our Product and Sourcing teams to develop and design all product packaging and labeling, as well as playing a key role in bringing our creative vision to life through the application of our brand guidelines.
Organizational skills and the ability to juggle priorities and quickly switch between projects are a must. If you're interested, please apply with a sample of work or a link to your portfolio.
Wondering what a day in the life of a Graphic Designer, Product at Article looks like?
What you'll be doing:
- Working with our Sr. Art Director, Brand to produce branded material across a variety of product mediums and formats
- Ensuring all content meets brand style guidelines, and advocating for best practices
- Presenting your work to key stakeholders, being responsive to design changes, and being innovative in your approach
- Working with our Product and Marketing teams to optimize creative outputs
- Managing and creating assets for all product branding needs (labels, carton markings designs, assembly instructions, product tags, barcodes, etc.)
- Ensuring all files are prepared and press-ready for production in a variety of print mediums and formats (offset/digital printing, labels, etc.)
- Working closely with the Product Operations Coordinator on vendor communication regarding quality checks and approvals
- Managing project priorities in our project management system, Wrike
- Attending monthly alignment meetings with Product Operations and Packaging QA
- Coordinating with product and sourcing teams in both YVR and globally
- Potentially working on projects focusing on sustainability and environmental considerations
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Graphic Design Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years experience as a graphic designer
- Strong understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud programs, particularly Illustrator and InDesign
- Strong understanding of Google Workspace
- Excellent graphic design and typography skills
- Proficient skills in illustration
- Proficient skills and experience with printing and prepress best practices
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- Ability to think differently and find new efficiencies in production workflow
- Interest in home decor, interiors, or industrial design is an asset
- 3D illustration skills is an asset
At Article, we believe in an ?Ownership Mindset? where you'll be given autonomy and the ability to own your work. Beyond a competitive salary:
- We reward that ownership mindset, so we offer stock options after one year of employment
- With our fast growth, we have a culture of curiosity, where learning happens on the fly
- and while having a lot of fun
- Access to dental and health benefits package plus a health/lifestyle spending account for your total physical and mental well-being
- 45% discount on our products so you can experience first-hand why our customers love Article
- Your choice of state-of-the-art laptops with the tech and tools to easily collaborate
Most HQ employees are working from home due to COVID-19. When it's safe to return to the office, we have flexible solutions if you want to be in the office a lot, sometimes, or not at all.
When our office is safe to reopen, you'll love that:
- The Article HQ is a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, an open kitchen filled with snacks, premium coffees and teas (and ALL the milks).
- A dog-friendly office. We love our dog friends here at Article. If you have a well-behaved, well-socialized pup, we'd love to have them in the office too.
- Onsite fitness equipment, change rooms (including towel service!) and bike storage
- Regular extra-curricular activities, such as socials, open-mics, picnics... even cross-country skiing! For now, we've replaced them with creative virtual events for the time being
- like virtual trivia night or a cooking class through Zoom!
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you
Article is the easiest way to create a beautiful modern space.
Article started from a desire to improve efficiency and make furniture less expensive for everyone. In 2014 we had 4 employees; now we have over 700 and have been growing at about 50% yearly.
Our office and warehouse space has grown from under 15,000 sq ft to over 1,200,000 sq ft, and our yearly revenue has grown to match.
Our head office is based in Vancouver, Canada, an office in Ho Chi Minh City, and warehouses in Seattle, Los Angles, San Fransisco, Jacksonville, Austin, Dallas, Portland, Houston, Denver, Baltimore, Toronto, Boston, and New Jersey.