Regional Sales Manager
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact:
Our Sales Manager is responsible for managing a team of sales representatives who sell research products and services within a defined territory. The Sales Manager will be responsible for ensuring the team has effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts. The Sales Manager will complete account planning and forecasting, analyze reports on business, and manage performance of the team.
What will you do:
- Manage team to maintain effective customer relations with purchasing and end user within assigned territory
- Leverage available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of supplier and internal resources
- Manage the strategic direction for the overall region; Lead the sales team to drive sales strategies to meet plan and expand business within assigned territory; Ensure team maintains a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives;
- Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory
- Research competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data in the business plan; Introduces new products and services
- Show initiative to develop programs to drive growth in any economic condition
- Manage pricing within territory to control profitability
- Manage overall performance of team members
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of region
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations
How will you get here:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Science or Business, along with 10 years of relevant industry-specific experience, preferably in the research laboratory industry or equivalent work
- Strong sales management experience and proven leadership abilities
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent business skills
- Advanced selling and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Manages a group of approximately 10 Sales Representatives.
- Sales rep training and performance management,
- Regional sales plan development, new product launch planning, supplier management and budgeting
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.