As part of the Corporate Communications Team, the Communications Designer will act as a strategic partner to internal client groups in leading and supporting growth, brand communication, business development, and internal communication projects and initiatives to achieve corporate and business development targets.
The Communications Designer will serve as team lead on creative design projects and will be responsible for creating graphics, brochures, presentations, and other marketing materials to support internal communications and external marketing. Since creative design is a core part of the role, the Communications Designer must be confident working with Adobe Creative Suite and able to translate complex technical concepts into easily digestible graphics.
The Communications Designer will play an integral role in the advancement of impactful marketing strategies in support of the company's business objectives.
- Maintain the quality, integrity, and consistency of RDH's brand identity
- Develop and update written and visual communications, including print collateral, brochures, graphics, images, video, presentations, web content, email marketing, etc.
- Work and collaborate with others to plan and manage video and photography shoots to align with business priorities
- Research, learn, and employ the use of new media types to widen department capabilities and evolve the quality and style of materials output in support of company initiatives
- Translate complex technical concepts into easily digestible graphics
- Work with design consultants and other freelance creatives to manage the creation of various project assets, including videos and photography
- Tell the stories of our people, projects, and expertise to highlight RDH as an industry leader through content creation in the form of blog posts and case studies on rdh.com
- Manage social media on RDH's LinkedIn and Twitter channels, create daily social media content, and perform community management activities
- Support the execution of email marketing campaigns
- Curate and report analytics relevant to social media and website performance
- Provide strategic and tactical recommendations in relation to RDH's digital presence
- Support RDH leaders in the development of their social media profiles to enhance their searchability and online influence
Communications Planning and Strategy Development
- Work with staff at all levels to develop business development priorities and support the development of marketing strategies and initiatives
- Support the development of marketing plans that are creative, directive, succinct, and measurable
- Work cross-functionally across RDH in multiple regions and service areas to build relationships with staff, engage key team members, and identify needs for communication support
- Recommend new marketing tactics to meet organizational goals and create a plan to execute on tactical deliverables
- Support the development of communication plans for key hires, acquisitions, new services, and other external corporate communications
- Support the communication of corporate changes and business progression to the company
- Develop messaging, schedules, and outreach tactics to ensure effective communication for internal audiences
Training and Publications
- Support the design and development of RDH resources, including courses, training programs, books, technical bulletins, quick guides, and more
PROPOSAL SUPPORT AND ADMINISTRATIVE
- Manage the design of promotional marketing items like custom business cards, promotional products, and trade show booths
- Develop staff biographies, project profiles, and service descriptions to help win new business
- Manage internal photo management database
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Business, Communications, Marketing, or related field with emphasis on graphic design and digital marketing
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience, preferably in a consulting environment
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Proficiency in WordPress and related software/skills
- Experience managing social media content calendars (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram) and working with multiple stakeholders on content creation
- Familiarity with video editing software is an asset
- Experience in Mailchimp and Shopify marketing and sales automation platforms is an asset
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Detail-driven and responsive; self-directed and motivated to make an impact within a cooperative team environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and adhere to schedules and deadlines
- Proactive and results-oriented with the ability to take initiative
- Adept in providing innovative and creative solutions toward business development
- Capacity for research, analysis, and strategic thinking
- Ability to work well with people at all levels of an organization, including senior leaders, and work cross-functionally across multiple teams
- Interest in building science and making the buildings that we live, work, and play in better
RDH is an employee-owned consulting firm with 250+ employees in nine offices across North America. Our core area of business is the integration of building science engineering, architecture, and construction management to optimize the performance of the building enclosure (walls, windows and roofs). Since our beginnings in 1997, we have become industry leaders in North America and continue to grow as we focus on technical excellence and delivering high-quality projects.
We offer a positive, team-oriented workplace with opportunities for professional growth, development and ownership. As well as your background, we seek alignment with RDH's core values: 1) commit to excellence, 2) act with integrity, 3) work as a team 4) do what it takes, and 5) always learn.
Additional information on our expertise, projects, and culture can be found at www.rdh.com
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF via Isarta with the job title and location in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that only those already entitled to work in Canada legally and permanently need apply.