EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT, SALES
THE ORGANIZATION LGM FINANCIAL SERVICES
LGM Financial Services Inc. (?LGM?) is a national leader in providing warranty, finance and insurance services to the Canadian automotive industry. LGM brings innovation, quality, service and profitability to its dealer partners through a full suite of products and services distributed in a cutting-edge, ethical and transparent manner. LGM is a known to be the leader in service, a partner in profitability, a best managed company in Canada, and an innovator that aspires to create a positive impact on people, communities and the environment. LGM's products and services include: extended warranty, credit insurance, appearance/wear protection, vehicle loss/loyalty programs, pre-paid maintenance, sales training, and digital services. Many programs are branded by leading Canadian automakers (OEMs).
Since 1998, LGM has been successfully supplying quality products backed by leading training and now supports over 1,600 Canadian franchised new car dealerships. Dealer partnerships are complimented with the strong backing and support of their Canadian automotive manufacturing brands, which include Volvo, BMW/MINI, Kia, Mazda, Hyundai, Genesis, Jaguar, Land Rover, and Mitsubishi. LGM develops solutions that are win-win for all stakeholders including consumers, dealers, OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and underwriters. Claims processes are structured to be fair and fast, a refreshing approach for consumers and dealer service departments. LGM has also created state-of-the-art software (HUB) which is effectively a core insurance platform and its primary delivery channel to streamline sales and remittance processes.
LGM's Strategic Plan includes goals around creating a great workplace, delivering service excellence, profitable growth, diversity, equity and inclusion and social responsibility. LGM's success is validated through external rankings that include Aon's Best Employers in Canada, Canada's Best Managed Companies (Deloitte), and J.D. Powers & Associates for Service Delivery.
LGM is guided by core values which define how you can expect everyone in the company to conduct themselves. Its commitment to these core values helps ensure the company and clients are successful.
Integrity - Our actions and commitments demonstrate responsibility and accountability.
- We value your time, diversity, candor and perspective.
- Its in all of us to continuously learn, explore and create.
- We are passionate about exceptional service experiences.
- We care about our communities for the betterment of our world
THE OPPORTUNITY EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT, SALES
The EVP, Sales will be responsible for developing and executing on the sales strategies of LGM Financial Services Inc. (LGM) through leading the national sales and training teams. Working closely with the CEO and Executive Senior Leadership Team (SLT), she/he/they will utilize superior analytical and strategic skills to create short- and long-term plans that meet the revenue growth and profitability goals of LGM. The EVP is a member of the SLT and is expected to guide the overall direction of the sales organization while also championing LGM's Core Values in the pursuit of our vision of Responsible Mobility for All. Our head office is in Vancouver but this role could be home based anywhere in Canada.
- Play a key role in guiding the Sales and Training teams toward building a brand that attains corporate sales targets, creates a lasting service experience as we continue to grow, ensuring our sales force is professionally trained and accredited, and proves to our industry that you can have success while doing business in a ?responsible way?.
- Leverage technology to improve the efficiency of the organization while enhancing service levels.
- Collaboration with internal functional areas including Marketing, Strategic Partnerships, Service, Technology, People, Legal and Finance teams to ensure efficient and productive outcomes arise.
- Be the voice of the sales organization as it relates to other corporate initiatives. Collaboratively ensure that the needs of the end consumer are always a key focus of the organization.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, contribute to the identification and development of the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Provide market feedback to the company leadership/marketing regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas
- Able to succesfully complete and maintain necessasry industry licencing requirements including sales person licencing, insurance agent licencing, etc.
- Collaboratively contribute as a member of the SLT in all matters of corporate strategy, corporate performance and results and social responsibility, ensuring organization success in executing on strategies, achieving objectives and our vision, while at all times living our core values.
- Establish, in collaboration with SLT, certain corporate performance objectives such as Revenue, Profitable Growth, Employee Engagement and other key corporate objectives.
- Develop and execute on key strategies that achieve revenue and profitable growth objectives and key results (OKRs) of the company. These goals and objectives encompass areas such as, but not limited to:
- Sales Targets
- Service Standards
- Internal Training and Accreditation
- Working with the Regional VPs of Sales in the Western, Eastern and Quebec regions, and our Distinction team to ensure sales objectives are being met and that our team of professional Dealer Development Managers (DDMs) are executing corporate strategies for attainment of OKRs.
- Ultimately accountable for ensuring that our service standards are maintained and improved and that all DDMs are adequately trained to provide exceptional service. This includes the complete use of the contact management tool by DDMs.
- Provide vision, leadership and leadership development that encourages growth and inspires our team for optimized performance
- Provide written and verbal reports on sales activities in all regions on an ongoing basis and other written reports as requested from time to time.
- Conduct analysis to manage sales performance against corporate objectives and market developments, ensure a track record of exceeding industry performance and share of market
- Travel throughout Canada will be an integral part of this role to meet with staff and existing and prospective dealers and to explore other business opportunities that may arise. It is estimated that one week to two weeks per month will be the usual travel schedule.
- Champion the development of effective sales strategies to maintain the annual growth objectives of the company (traditionally 20%+ annual growth targets)
- Exceptional Sales Leadership and Coaching ability
- Demonstrated success sponsoring cross-functional projects, championing intended value and outcomes into the long term beyond project delivery
- Demonstrates success in managing change and cross functional initiatives in a constructive manner, facilitating collaboration among departments
- Exceptional communication and collaboration ability to work throughout the organization.
- Strong organizational and presentation development capabilities
- Ability to work independently, drive self-developed, and execute business plan to grow business
- Ability to travel throughout Canada on a regular (1-2 weeks per mo.) basis
- Exceptional industry relationships with auto dealers, dealer groups and OEMs is a preferred
- Bilingual (English/French) is preferred but not required
- Valid driver's licence and ability to travel internationally for sales-related incentive trips
- Excellent strategic thinking, planning, and analytical skills
- Technologically competent. Proficient in MS business applications, social media, and digital tools
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate will have a post secondary education, preferably an MBA with a focus on sales and marketing courses and accreditation being a definite asset. Individuals should have 10+ years' progressive field sales management experience and automotive experience with significant and deep connections with numerous stakeholders in the automotive space. Insurance related education and licensing is preferred but not required.
The EVP, Sales should thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment that constantly pushes the boundaries of quality, innovation, and speed. He/she/they should possess exceptional abilities to develop and lead people
- LGM is an organization that gives its staff opportunities for personal development, but that comes with responsibility for leaders to invest time in coaching people to realize their potential. Our head office is in
Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Leads the organization in emotional control, agility and influence through expressing a wide spectrum of emotions to suit the environment they are within, to build commitment and buy-in to new ideas and concepts, and to generate motivation for action. Works effectively throughout all emotional environments and utilizes emotional intelligence to lead a positive outcome despite the starting position.
- Is competitive and takes risks in growing the organization's profitability, finds creative ways to measure and monitor intangible outcomes to achieve overarching strategic goals, and proactively shapes the customer value proposition based upon deep awareness of customer desires. Creates a high-performance culture throughout the organization with imbedded urgency to achieve results while preserving core values and high enthusiasm from the employees.
- Architects effective communications processes and tools throughout the organization to drive a culture of free flowing, timely and accurate information and communication throughout the organization. Effectively anchors change through powerful and broad communication strategies that utilize a multitude of communications tools and media best suited for the message or change initiative.
Empowers and Coaches Others - Fosters an organizational culture of empowerment and coaching, ensuring role clarity and accountability for organizational objectives and initiatives. Identifies high potential leaders and creates new opportunities for them to develop, by allocating responsibilities based upon skills and learning orientation, articulating a vision that enables them to execute with their own creativity, providing liberal boundaries to aid in their personal growth.
Collaboration and Influence
- Fosters a high-performing culture where leaders work well together towards a common vision, while positively and respectfully challenging each other to do their best work. Creates high level, innovative partnerships that span the organization and reach beyond its walls to influence change or pursue strategic initiatives with global brands, organizations and external vendors, orchestrating partnerships that create reciprocally beneficial outcomes.
Innovation and Change Leadership
- Commits to new approaches ahead of emerging opportunities by tapping industry and market developments. Creates formalized organizational processes to successfully create, implement and manage change. Conceptualizes and communicates innovative strategies to others, transforming and aligning the organization through its people to drive improvements in new and challenging directions. Ensures the organization remains nimble and responsive to change, by building a culture of innovation where new ideas are actively generated, prioritized and implemented.
- Anticipates and plans for future events, trends, problems and opportunities including competitive realities, obtaining deep analysis of competitive, supplier, customer and compliance landscapes where required. Drives the organization-wide strategic planning processes to create clarity in direction, define success, align the organization and commit people to action. Actively contributes to the development of the organization's vision, mission and core values. Articulates and communicates logic for how the vision can be achieved building short and long-range plans to meet goals. Aligns strategic planning process with other key organizational processes: sales, performance planning/compensation, budget cycle, etc.
- Architects the right teams and structures in the organization, utilizes cross- organizational teams where collaboration is needed, and balances team work and individual accountability to most effectively achieve organizational goals.
A competitive compensation package will be provided including an attractive salary, performance bonus and excellent benefits. The details will be discussed further in a personal interview.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Cindy Brannan, Talent Advisor
LGM Financial Services Inc.
- 1021 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 0C3
Phone: (604) 329-2671
Email via Isarta
Additional information can be found at : www.lgm.ca