If you're looking for a company that's ambitious in its thinking, has a thirst for learning and a drive to improve and innovate... you've come to the right place.
We want people who share our enthusiasm for curiosity and diversity of thought to join us on our journey. People who are passionate about what they do and will help build our company's great future. In return, we'll provide challenging work, professional development and competitive compensation.
PETRONAS Canada currently has a vacancy for an Internal Communications & Engagement Advisor to join our team in Calgary for a one (1) year term. Reporting to the Internal Communications & Engagement Lead, the successful candidate will ensure our staff understand where we've come from and where we're headed as an organization; are engaged with each other and feel part of a community; and have pride and trust in what the organization is doing.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Understand the PETRONAS Canada brand and desired culture, ensuring internal messaging is aligned and consistent.
- Collaborate with the broader External Affairs & Communications team to ensure cross functional understanding of the internal and external challenges facing the company, and develop communications strategies to address those challenges internally.
- Develop strategies to enhance staff awareness of PETRONAS Canada's business, strategy and upstream development plan, and help ensure consistency of messages in all formal communication.
- Partner with internal clients to understand communication needs and priorities, and to develop and execute strategic plans for company initiatives and program rollouts.
- Understand the dynamics of our Calgary and Fort St. John offices as well as our field sites, and ensure that internal communications are relevant to all audiences and are delivered effectively.
- Develop content for the intranet, ensuring the messaging reflects the company brand and is meaningful to staff.
- Develop presentations and speeches as required, crafting the communications to optimize audience impact and relevancy.
- Organize leader and employee forums to enhance two-way engagement.
- Assist with organizing various internal community-building opportunities through social experiences and staff events.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the company's internal communication, communication channels, and alignment of culture and brand, and identify tactics and strategies to improve both audience reach and readership.
- Provide communication support to the company's Pandemic Response team.
- Be proficient in the duties of the various communication roles outlined in the Crisis Communication Plan and be part of the emergency response on-call roster.
- Ensure the integrity of the company's visual brand standards.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business, Communications, Public Relations or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years of experience in internal communication planning and content development
- Strong writing skills with a knack for storytelling
- Demonstrated proficiency with content management systems
- Graphic design and web development skills are considered an asset
- Proven ability to think innovatively, identify opportunities for improvement, bring forward ideas and implement solutions
- Demonstrate complex problem-solving and decision making skills
- Self-motivated and the ability to work in a fast paced environment within cross functional teams and effectively engage others in support of projects and initiatives
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Exceptional organization and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to liaise effectively with all levels of management and staff, as well as other key stakeholders
- Experience planning and executing staff events
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Applications will be accepted until May 3, 2021.
Why Choose PETRONAS Canada:
- Competitive compensation and bonus programs
- Comprehensive benefits package, including a Health Spending Account
- Generous employer-matched savings plan
- Flexible work schedules for office employees, with the option of Friday afternoons off
- Vacation, flex, and designated office closure days
- Commitment to volunteerism in the communities in which we operate
- Annual company charity donation
- Support for training and professional development, including reimbursement of professional association dues
PETRONAS Canada would like to thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team; however only the candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.