ABOUT THE ALBERTA REAL ESTATE FOUNDATION
The Alberta Real Estate Foundation (AREF) invests in real estate policy, research, practices, and education that strengthen the real estate industry and Alberta's communities. Under the Real Estate Act, whenever a consumer deposits money in trust through a real estate broker, property manager, or commercial broker, the interest that is earned on the deposit is accumulated and forwarded to AREF for reinvestment into the real estate industry and Alberta's communities. To date, the Foundation has invested over $23 million in grants to 650 initiatives across Alberta, including flowing out nearly $2M in 2020. As Alberta experiences times of economic challenge, the Foundation's Board has doubled the granting program in 2021 to further to play a vital role in recovery.
We are seeking a Communications Specialist (18 month term, with potential of renewal) who is inspired by our mission, demonstrates a high level of motivation, is willing to accept new challenges, and embraces the opportunity to be both strategic and tactical, with a well-rounded communication skillset. The Communications Specialist is accountable for the development and execution of communications strategies for the organization and its stakeholders to build awareness of, and engagement with, the Foundation.
- Implementing communications plans and activities for the organization and its stakeholders
- Maintaining Alberta Real Estate Foundation's integrity, branding, messaging, and mission
- Writing and editing a variety of communications materials
- Maintaining and updating the website
- Articulating and communicating key messages about the organization
- Media relations including coordinating news releases and news conferences
- Developing our online and social media presence to support brand awareness and stakeholder needs
- Compiling and maintaining communications-related analytics to support ongoing analysis and improvements
- A communications degree or equivalency
- A proven ability to create and implement an annual strategic communications plan, including developing and monitoring the annual communications and related budget for Board approval
- A track record of building targeted communications to effectively reach various stakeholders
- An understanding of the Real Estate industry and its communities
- Ability to work well as part of a small, interdependent team
- Ability to operate at both a strategic and tactical level across communication mediums
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Proven proactive planning, organizing and prioritizing skills and experience blended with ingenuity and creativity in a hands-on environment
- Demonstrated strategic communication skills, preferably in the grant making or not-for-profit sector
- Exemplary internal and external oral and written communication skills with the ability to use knowledge, intuition and sensitivity when dealing with a broad cross-section of stakeholder groups
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 360, and WordPress or other content management systems
- Understanding of digital and social media tools, trends, channel use and their business application
- Understanding of website design, information architecture and website optimization
- Familiarity with databases, like Salesforce or Apply
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is an asset
The Alberta Real Estate Foundation offers a competitive compensation package. Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume, along with salary expectations via Isarta with the Subject Line of: ?Communications Specialist? by end of day on May 5, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants being interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please.