Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
The Director will be responsible for the global sales strategy of the PPA business unit within the Bio-Production Division (BPD). He or she will work with their regional PPA specialist teams and divisional regional sales teams to grow new business opportunities and drive profitable revenue growth through rigorous sales pipeline management, customer engagement, and ongoing development of team members. This position requires an in-depth understanding of the market and customers and will balance the implementation and execution of both the PPA business unit and divisional sales strategies and processes.
Part of the Bio-Production Division (BPD), this role will report to the VP of Global Sales, will work with a multi-tiered/global team and will work collaboratively with PPA business unit and divisional functional leaders to ensure that short and long-term sales goals are reached.
Owns the Execution of the Revenue Plan:
- Directly responsible for managing the activities of the PPA sales team to achieve the financial objectives set out in the strategic planning process and annual operating plan. This includes setting regional goals, developing sales metrics and driving activity to meet objectives
- Prepares annual and quarterly budgets and staffing plans for the commercial organization that supports the business' strategic plans.
- In partnership with Finance, develop pricing policies, including volume discounts and terms and conditions, that aligns with market penetration strategy.
- Ultimate responsibility for forecast accuracy through rigorous maintenance of sales pipeline data in the CRM system
Drives Team to Ensure Tactics are Aligned with Strategy:
- Leads a holistic sales approach for the PPA business, ensuring a balanced effort is taken by the team to drive increased revenue across all components of the PPA portfolio.
- Works with the team to establish a ?hunter mentality?
- Develop and implement strategies for expanding the customer base and growing new business opportunities, thereby increasing market share.
- Collaborates with functional leaders to deploy strategies that drive technical engagement with customers, which enables a consultant selling approach and aligns customer's needs to the Bio-Production Division value proposition
- Responsible for identifying core competencies of talent needed along with recruitment, deployment, and development of personnel resources to achieve plan targets
- Consistently develops and promotes collaboration and teamwork, and leverages the overall Thermo Fisher Scientific value proposition to support client needs
Experience / Education Qualifications:
- B. S. Degree
- 10+ years experience in bio-production sales; 5+ years of people management
- Demonstrated leadership role in developing and executing business level sales plans
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting, developing, and managing high performance sales teams, and demonstrated ability to command the respect of both technical and business teams
- Technical skills in strategic planning and sales planning
- Ability to leverage CRM (Salesforce) to measure and monitor activity, progress towards sales goals, and results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills
- Travel ~ 50% both Domestic and International.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.