Born in the North
Canada Goose was born in the Arctic, where the difference between life and death, quite literally, hangs by a thread. It's the only place where we can fully understand the what the meaning of ?cold? really is, and it's why we do what we do. But it's not for everyone. Some call the Arctic landscape relentless. Dark, dangerous and uninviting. We call it home. It's also home to the people of the North
- the foremost experts in cold. Just as the Italians know knits and the British know wool, northern communities know parkas. Like us, they embrace living off the land and have a strong and meaningful respect for nature. We honour them, never losing sight of the wisdom we can learn from their patience, resilience and deep connection to all that surrounds them.
At Canada Goose, nature is our North Star. We aren't simply linked to nature
- we're guided and inspired by it. Our connection to the environment compels us to design functionally superior products so people can immerse themselves in the outside world. Our first parkas were made for northerners, those living in the coldest places on Earth. Today, our products continue to be designed for the extreme outdoors, but they've also been adapted for all aspects of modern life
- past the four walls that shelter us and beyond our everyday experiences. Whether you're crossing the rugged terrain of Antarctica or commuting in rush-hour during a downpour, we endure any extreme, observe every detail, and take the long view to make clothing that enables everyone to live out there, wherever ?out there? is for them.
Our Core Belief
Canada Goose is more than a company that makes best-in-class outerwear. We're a community that's propelled forward by one core belief: greatness. Greatness has driven us to where we are today, and it's always been at the heart of Canada Goose. It's a journey, not a destination. Whether that means honouring traditional methods of craftsmanship, supporting explorers around the globe, or enabling people to discover more about the world, we're moving towards something bigger than ourselves. Greatness is about making possibilities limitless, and creating your own definition of what it means to you here at Canada Goose.
Reporting to the Manager of Consumer Communications, the Communications Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the development and execution of all Canadian communications initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for media relations and the fashion/apparel industry, a keen attention to detail, and strong editorial relationships, with an outgoing, hardworking, energetic, results-driven attitude.
Working collaboratively with both the global Communications team and the Canadian Marketing team, the candidate will thrive in an energetic environment and will be able to handle multiple tasks at once, while gaining experience and invaluable knowledge of the industry.
- Support the development and execution of Communications plans and initiatives
- Work closely with the Canadian Marketing team, supporting ongoing initiatives and campaigns
- Support the planning, organization and execution of all PR/Communications and Marketing related events and activations, including seasonal media previews, press trips and internal events, among others
- Compile and draft Communications materials, including pitches, media alerts, fact sheets and press releases
- Develop and foster relationships with media, supporting media requests and opportunities
- Assist with project budgets and invoicing, where applicable
- Manage, track and coordinate media sample product pool, as well as the organization of the sample closet and department collateral
- Coordinate all editorial requests and pulls including logistics and shipping
- Liaise and negotiate with external vendors and suppliers
- Manage editorial clippings and the measurement of Communications activities, including daily, monthly and annual coverage reports
Experience, Education and Designations:
- University degree or college diploma in Public Relations, Communications or Marketing-related field
- 2 years of experience in a Public Relations, Communications or Marketing position
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Understanding and appreciation for Outdoor and Fashion apparel industries; Outdoor, Fashion, and Luxury brand experience is an advantage
- Understanding and knowledge of the Canadian media landscape across all mediums: broadcast, print and online, as well as interest in the global media landscape
- Commitment to working well with a distributed global team, as well as cross-functionally
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and ?roll up sleeves? to get the job done
- Demonstrated strength in managing multiple/changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with Muck Rack is an asset
- Office environment
- Ability to travel ~5%