Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team
- and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion
- find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We're looking for a Part-Time Graphics Operator to help us grow the Rogers Sports & Media brand and connect with our Sportsnet audience. We are looking for a Graphics Operator who will build graphics for the multitude of Sportsnet live events and control room productions.
What you will do...
- Expertly operate a Chyron character generator using Lyric software and automation for live control production
- Build graphics quickly and accurately with a creative flair
- Continuously examine performance of our internal network systems, identify and act immediately on inconsistencies to provide solutions to fulfill requirements and provide opportunities for continuous improvement
- Maximize utilization of available resources for the ever-growing requirements of Rogers Sports and Media market leading content offerings, and liaise with Directors, Producers, Management and Engineering on all technical maintenance and repair related issues
What you will bring...
- Operation and understanding of graphics creation and playback in a live control room
- Strong knowledge of sports and sports statistics
- Solid understanding of how to use Excel spreadsheets as databases for Lyric
- Skilled in the interpretation and visualization of data sets and facts
- Familiarity with Photoshop as asset
- An equal level of creativity and technical skill
- A detail oriented multi-tasker who works well in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- An ability to make very quick decisions during stressful situations
- Strong analytical and technical skills/knowledge of various broadcast control systems and peripherals
- A passion for sports, content and broadcasting
- A natural curiosity and drive to win
- A care for people and the world around them
- An aptitude for working with others and thinking of the team first
Here's what you can expect in return:
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the ?what? and the ?how?
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & TV Operations
Requisition ID: 219733
Posting Notes: Media