Who is Sapling?
Sapling's Onboarding and HR Suite has been acknowledged as an industry winner and is chosen by companies like KPMG, Sephora, UCSF, Invision and Coupa to help them build successful onboarding and people practices for the future of work.
What's the job?
The Product Marketing Manager collaborates with Product, Marketing, and Sales teams to drive our go-to-market process for our SaaS applications and solutions; taking complex ideas and making them simple to understand.
You'll be best friends with our customers, identify their buying pain points and clearly articulate the value Sapling can deliver. You'll leverage your creative soul to develop product messaging and positioning, lead product launches, understand the competitive landscape and provide thought leadership supporting Sapling's capabilities.
We are looking for candidates with a diverse background and experience, aligned with our values and vision, and eager to grow with our team.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop clear product positioning and messaging that differentiates Sapling by understanding customer needs, product roadmap, market trends, and competitive forces
- Work with Product, Sales, and Marketing teams to develop go-to-market strategies and translate technology into a compelling value proposition
- Deliver assets and collateral to help the Sales and Marketing teams articulate our value through copy, slides, images, videos, and training
- Work with Product to establish a continuous feedback loop to influence the product development roadmap and mitigate product gaps
- Partner with Customer Success to understand current customer renewals and segmentation analysis
- Perform competitive market analyses and enhance our arsenal of competitive weapons
- Plan and execute product/feature launches from inception to beta to general availability and related sales enablement
What you probably need:
- At least 3 years in a B2B product sales, marketing, or product management position
- Proven track record of crafting compelling stories or materials that convince others to make a purchase
- Ability to be scrappy, successfully driving projects in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance and limited resources
- Excellent listening, oral, presentation, and written communication skills
- Good design sense: you don't have to be a designer, but you need to know what matters in building a great customer-facing presentation, webinar, or other assets
- Strong ability to aggregate and interpret data to derive insights that drive customer value
- Demonstrated empathy for customers and passion for working with an ownership mentality
- Experience working with distributed and remote teams
- BA/BS required in Business, Media, or related field
We hope you also have:
- Experience developing a point of view and publishing thought leadership
- Fearlessness in working with data, diving into stats and metrics about product usage, pricing analysis, market analysis etc.
- Domain experience in Human Resource technology
- Pragmatic Marketing certifications