Job Description :
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You're part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You'll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you'll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It's our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that's trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We're looking for a Senior Communications Specialist.
As a Senior Communications Specialist, you'll be part of a team developing internal communications for divisional and national audiences.
Reporting to the Manager of internal communications for our Technology and Digital divisions, you'll help develop and execute strategic communication plans and tactics in collaboration with business partners and matter experts. You'll also support frequent communications to a variety of internal audiences about technology changes.
As an integral member of a high-performing team, your knowledge of communication best practices, skill in simplifying complex information ability to write for a variety of audiences will help you to execute on plans that will support business results and team engagement for one of Canada's largest insurance companies.
What you will do
- Forge strong relationships with senior communication leads to ensure delivery of strategies meet business expectations and needs
- Assess project communication needs and goals, identify audiences and their needs and issues
- Develop content and copy for a variety of channels and media, including email, SharePoint, intranet sites, and PowerPoint
- Develop content and copy for a range of communications projects and audiences
- Present strategicsolutions to client groups to illustrate concepts and gain feedback
- Collaborate and support with other team members on creative solutions to meet project goals
- Collaborate with other communication team members as necessary to ensure consistent messages, positioning, timing and language for various audiences.
- Manage projects according to communication plans, production schedules, and budgets
What you will bring
- Completion of a post-secondary degree relating to communications, and at least two years of related experience. A combination of education and work experience will also be considered.
- Strong proficiency in written communications
- Outstanding communication skills with a demonstrated ability to be creative in written content and visual approaches
- Problem-solving, strategic planning and project management skills
- Ability to effectively manage and deliver multiple projects in a quality and timely manner, independently and under pressure
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills and ability to work well with a national team working in different locations
- Comfort with ambiguity and a changing environment
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information appropriately
- Proficiency with common office software
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 including SharePoint Online, Teams, and Live Events would be an asset
- Familiarity with social media would be an asset.
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we're one of Canada's leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted