Job Description :
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You're part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You'll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you'll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It's our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that's trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for a Manager, Distribution Communications
- 1 Year Term.
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
At Canada Life, we believe in improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of all Canadians. Our products and solutions are delivered all across the country by exceptional advisors, making our relationship with advisors one of the most important ingredients in our success.
Reporting to the AVP, Distribution Communication, the Manager, Distribution Communications Engagement, will guide a team of eleven direct reports in creating and launching communication plans and tactics that capture attention, inspire action, and help advisors grow their business. In this leadership role, for the Manager will act as both a communications subject matter expertise and a coach, motivating a team to success and creating a culture of accountability. As a strategic thinker, this individual will strengthen communications with our field audiences and ensure execution on key deliverables. This individual has wide access to data and key decision makers across the organization and is comfortable with diving into any area of the business to ensure our messages resonate with the field and drives our business forward.
What you will do
- Develop talent to effectively execute on tailored communications for distribution and manufacturing projects including new product, updates, change in process and technology offerings to a large field organization.
- Set clear expectations, providing meaningful coaching, training and feedback, to create a culture where employees are motivated to do their best and deliver on organizational and personal goals.
- Oversee the coordination and delivery of all field-facing communications and the overall communication calendar by channel (air traffic control), including posting to the advisor websites, with a focus on increasing engagement
- Create and encourage process improvement across the team to bring consistency to communication planning, tactic decisions and messaging to advisors, field managers, wholesalers and sales support teams.
- Build partnerships across IC, GC and SCM in ideation, development and implementation of strategies to improve the way we communicate with all field audiences. Advocates for the advisor perspective.
- Manage the allocation of resources across projects from Advisory Network, Individual Customer and Group Customer.
What you will bring
- Strong story telling skills to support the delivery of impactful communications campaigns
- Self-starter with a pro-active ability to initiate integrated communications plans, to own execution and measure results across multiple channels
- Strong leadership skills, with a proven track record for setting clear expectations, providing meaningful coaching and feedback, and creating an environment where employees are motivated and able to do their best.
- Advanced skills in planning, organizing and administering processes and a key eye for implementing process improvement within a team.
- Strong issues management skills to quickly analyze issues, understand business impacts, and deliver communications to mitigate issues
- A proven strategic ability to lead a team to plan, prioritize and collaborate with others to meet tight deadlines and deliver measurable results based on communications plans
- University degree in business, communications or marketing
- 7+ years experience in marketing or communications in a large corporate environment
- 2+ years direct people leadership experience, preferably with a large team
- Financial services industry experience, insurance preferred. Familiarity with distribution sales channels is an asset
- Experience with large scale projects and business transformation
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today
We are one of Canada's top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we're one of Canada's leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted