Who is Bold Commerce?
Named one of North America's fastest-growing companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce provides innovative ecommerce technology for businesses of all sizes. We believe Bold brands should have the ability to create and customize powerful transaction experiences
- across all channels. Staples Canada, Vera Bradley and Harry Rosen are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries that trust Bold's suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We're made up of more than 400 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly care about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the BUILDERS Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs, and values that help to shape this dynamic company.
Bold is looking for an experienced Director of Product Marketing, with a proven track record of translating enterprise software technologies into compelling value propositions that drive awareness and revenue. This highly visible role requires a strategic, dynamic leader to drive our go-to-market plans, scale product marketing and enablement teams, and lead our analyst relations programs.
As the Director of Product Marketing, you will own messaging and positioning across Bold's portfolio, and collaborate in developing go-to-market plans with Product, Marketing, and Sales Teams. The ideal candidate will have a strong marketing background with several years experience in enterprise B2B technology product marketing, stellar communication, storytelling and collaboration skills, and demonstrated leadership experience managing product marketing and enablement functions.
What you'll do
- Understand the market through market analysis, customer segmentation, and competitive intelligence to generate, analyze, and share insights about our target audience's needs, priorities, and challenges
- Develop and govern product marketing initiatives and revenue enablement programs that clarify Bold's messaging and positioning while highlighting our value and differentiation
- Create compelling stories, distilling Bold's products into clear, commercially-relevant messaging
- Work with the Sales Team to understand their successes and challenges with customer segments, use cases, and sales plays
- Speak to customers, sales and partners to keep iterating and improving messaging and positioning and enablement tools
- Organize, strategize, and manage all analyst relations activities to achieve learn and earn objectives
- building relationships, gaining credibility; you will review research, develop and deliver analyst inquiries and briefings and collaborate to deliver success
- Lead, manage, coach, and inspire a growing remote team of product marketing and enablement talent (currently two direct reports)
- Own go-to-market strategies and launches and lead a collaborative process to bring new solutions to market working with our Product, Marketing, Sales and Enterprise Services teams
- Improve the operations by establishing performance objectives and tracking key metrics and deliverables to measure the team's impact and manage its productivity
Here's what we need from you
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication and commitment to Bold's mission and belief in our BUILDERS Code
- 10-15 years of related product marketing or product management experience in enterprise technology, SaaS solutions; ideally domain expertise in ecommerce or related enterprise application software
- Analyst relations experience including owning programs, building relationships, and delivering results
- Technical aptitude and a passion for ecommerce with the ability to understand Bold's products and to synthesize insights into positioning
- Experience in a market or customer facing role with strong communication and listening skills (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Driven to understand and solve customer needs with the ability to distill information into insights and effectively articulate concepts to management and teams and align the organization to address them
- Experience with Hubspot, Asana, or similar project management tool; highspot or similar sales enablement software
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and management skills to cultivate an environment of accountability, trust, teamwork, creativity, and continuous improvement
- Results oriented and resourceful
- Organized, independent and flexible; this is a distributed, fast moving team
Why work at Bold?
Our founders have created a workplace that our Builders look forward to coming to every day. A place where ideas are valued, where you can learn and grow and do cool things, while contributing to the success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration to enable everyone to do their best work every day.
Enjoy our total rewards package including health benefits, a personal spending account, group retirement savings, an Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP), and an education fund to help you grow personally and professionally. To see everything we offer, check out boldcommerce.com/careers.
Let's start the conversation
If you're a potential Builder who likes to get shit done and think you've got what it takes to be Bold, we encourage you to apply. We promise it will be a career like no other. We get a lot of applicants, so we encourage you to do something that stands out! Tell us about a passion project you're proud of, or leave us inspired by your portfolio or GitHub. We look forward to getting to know the real you!