At IBM, work is more than a job
- it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
If you are a highly motivated communications professional that excels in collaboration, works with agile principles, embraces change, drives innovation and has a good understanding of the technology industry, the Communications team in Canada has an opening for you!
We have an immediate opening for an IBMer/ employee communications professional.
The successful candidate will have impeccable written and oral communications skills and work to deliver high-quality, well researched communications across internal channels addressing our employee audience. As part of this role you will be responsible for enabling IBMers and stewarding the culture for IBMer audiences within Canada. You will help drive understanding around the country strategy along with adapting and implementing worldwide and corporate messaging and initiatives to local business conditions, cultural context, language and legal requirements. You will work with local business leaders to communicate and enable local business performance and transformation goals and initiatives.
The IBMer Communications Specialist will partner with HR, Marketing, Transformation and Operations, Finance and others to engage IBMers on latest news and updates and envision and execute creative internal employee-centric campaigns. You will help surface and share compelling and relevant stories and gather insights on preferred channels and tools.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree in journalism, communications or related discipline.
- 3- 5 years experience in employee communications.
- 1-2 years experience in digital storytelling
- Knowledge in researching data, facts, trends, examples, storytelling, and the ability to write for diverse audiences with sensitivity to cultural norms
- Demonstrated verbal and written skills and an ability to synthesize information from a wide range of sources to develop thoughtful and original ideas
- Collaborative style, with the ability to work as part of an integrated team in a high pressure, matrixed environment.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bilingual (French & English)
About Business UnitIBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities
- where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.